Used 1999 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Completely Satisfied!
By Steve_Fisher_TBS

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I know the saying, usually the ones to speak up are the ones with complaints. I have no complaints at all! I bought this car used with about 20,000 miles. The car now has about 70,000 and has been like gold to me. I love getting in my car and driving every chance I get! Very comfortable and very reliable. Did I say fast? With it's twin turbo's, the T6 is incredible! Maintenance has been low and priced right. This car has exceeded my expectations and I am 100% satisfied with this model!

Favorite Features

Looks great, very fast, and a good reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

An all wheel drive model would be neat!

No more Saabs for me!
By No-More-Saabs

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have now owned three Saab models which have been relatively nice vehicles. I decided to take a closer look at Volvo's flagship vehicle when it was released. To my surprise I wound up trading in my tired Saab for Volvo's S80 T6 sedan. This is a great car! The car was just over $50,000 out the door and the dealer wouldn't budge much on the price. Regardless, no regrets on this car. The car now has over 90,000 miles of trouble free driving. Runs nicer than any other car I've owned. Much more comfortable than my previous Saabs and acceleration to leave all other luxury cars in the dust (most sports cars too.) All around, this is great car!

Favorite Features

Solidness and performance of the S80 is better than the competition at any price. Seat comfort is better than a 10. Very dependable car!

Totally Satisfied!
By BigLand

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2000. It was a 1999 S80 T6 and had 22,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I now have a little over 70,000 miles on my car and I am as happy as can be. The car rides great, is very comfortable, the twin turbo's are wonderful, and the car has been very reliable. Other than regular maintenance, I have not had any repairs. If you're looking into a 1999 Volvo S80 T6, buy with absolute confidence. When I hit the 100,000 mark it should be paid off. I will look into another T6. This is definately the best car my wife and I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

One of the nicest cars to drive at any price. Car has been very reliable and still runs like the day I bought it. Volvo did great with this car!

Just Sold it After 112,000 Great Miles!
By Art_Carbine

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Don't believe any bad reviews on the T6. Up until this past month I had a 1999 S80 T6 since new with virtually no trouble at all. The car does need a software upgrade which Volvo does for free. The car only needs the upgrade once and never again. The reliablity on the car is better than any car I've owned. Before owning the T6, I had owned four BMW's over the years. The BMW's are way too high for maintenance, not nearly as fun to drive, and nowhere near as reliable. I really regret selling the T6. I bought a new Lexus and although it is a nice car, it's just not exciting like my T6 was. I never should have changed to the Lexus. I miss my T6!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, very fast, and very reliable. Great looking car inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

none

In Love With Our T6!
By Don Steeler

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

We couldn't be happier! Our T6 is black and it packed with great features. The luxury and ride is like nothing we've owned before. The reliabilty has been great! In almost 90,000 miles, only two minor repairs under warranty plus regular maintenance of course, and that's it! Maintenance costs have actually been quite low especially compared to our last car (Infiniti Q45). Luxury cars we've owned over the years are a Lexus SC400, Infiniti Q45, and a BMW 325i. The S80 T6 is better than anything we've owned. If you want a good luxury car with good reliability buy this car! Best choice for under $50,000.

Favorite Features

Great ride and very reliable for a luxury car. Such a Fassssst car!