Used 1999 Volvo S80 T6 Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Please stay away from this car.
By jd1isa2

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought the car last year and has been a big vacuum due to all the repairs. from the transmission, to the airbags, to suspension. Everything went wrong. Stalled on me several times.

Bought it because of the Volvo safety reputation, but totally not worth it.

Heard the later versions are markedly better but I'm staying away from this car.

Never again
By Some kind of Luck

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I wish this didn't turn such a bad experience for me. Ever since I got the car, it's been one problem to another. My mechanic was tired of seeing me. First it was the motor for the window, then timing belt, after that, the headlights and the engine lights, then the sensor, then the passenger's mirror and the driver's mirror. I hate this car. I used to crave having a volvo. I learn my lesson. The worst of it all, it's difficult to find used parts. Everything cost an arm and a leg. The money I spent on it went double for repairs. I will advised every one that I know not to buy this car. if I cannot enjoy something for at least a year, then what's the point?

I like the stereo system, great sounds, love the car seats, and also the shape of the car.

the car needs to be performed to a higher level and the quality needs to be improved.

great when working
By volvo s80 t6

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

had this car over three years and when it was good it was great, but had a consistent throttle problem that even the dealer couldn't figure out and also a engine sludge problem even though the oil was changed at 3k intervals, thought maybe this was a t6 problem but as i see the base model has repeat problems that are common with other volvos, these are obviously not the volvos of yesteryear.I would purchase another volvo, but definitely not a turbo of any kind

very comfortable, and great fuel economy

engine too complex, just keep it simple, and its a much more enjoyable car

Just keeps going
By Volvonate

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car just continues to run, i bought it really cheap with problems on the dash, but the car refuses to quit! i turn it over every time and it just keeps driving. i first made the switch to volvo a few years ago and it was a s70 and they both have been top notch cars!

The inside keeps you entertained. with the buttons and gadgets its never boring and the stereo is just great.

i hate that gray stripping around mine but they already fixed that.

Head lights
By Concern Volvo lover

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I purchased my vehicle used, and thought I was getting a good deal. I'm a volvo lover from the 70's, and I swear by volvos for their dependability etc. However this year of volvo has many bugs to be worked out. For example my headlights would not go out when I turned my car off. I called the dealer, and it took an expensive of well over $600 dollars to correct the problem. That's not including having to buy a new light switch at a cost of $200.00. I had to replace my gear shift twice because it would break when ever I parked my car on an incline, and tried to shift from park to drive. I will always stick with volvo, but not that year. It seem as though the Volvo creators took a nap.

I liked the pickup and the horsepower that the car has. It also has a very good sound system, and very comfortable seats

Work the bugs out in the electrical system, and solve the problem with the gear shift