They don't make 'em like this anymore!
By Anonymous on
2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan
I've had my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo for 8 years (bought it used at auction) and it's going strong. It has 105K miles and no sign of slowing down. As this car ages, little things need fixing. But the overall build and reliability are fantastic. I stick to the suggested maintenance schedule and am told I can get 250K miles out of it. I love the turbo's torque as much as the top end smoothness. I've never owned a car this long and it's because I simply don't get bored driving it. It's not much to look at, but when you're sitting on the inside who cares. Bottom Line: FUN to drive and it never breaks down. Wish the S80 were a suitable alternative for when I finally trade it in.
Favorite Features
- Seats are super comfortable. Great lumbar support and enough stiffness to give a sports car feel - Reliable - Zippy/fast, but still with good mileage - Love all the dashboard buttons...reminds me of the Saab - With a set of snow tires, performs very well in the snow
Suggested Improvements
- Plastic cupholders have broken a couple times...very flimsy - 12 volt outlet can sink into the console if pushed too hard...needed to beef it up - Boxy exterior design, but it's a 2000 Volvo. 10 years ago this was cool!