2000 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Bring back the S70 body style!

2000 Volvo S70 Sedan - Consumer Review

Bring back the S70 body style!!!
By Turbomolar on

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Most people don't realize how easy it is to customize their Volvos. With a simple ECU change, intake and exhaust upgrade, your S70 GLT SE can easily add another 40hp and 70torque. And upgrading to a lighter 17" aftermarket rims(I recommend the 17.5 lb. SSR-GT1 wheel.) with wider tires transforms this boxy grandpa car into a sexy, agressive, turbobrick! ;) I love my S70. Too bad Volvo stopped making this body style. Guess I'll have to get a XC70 next. Anyways...no real problems have arisen in the past 5 years(except for the turn signal recall that was easily fixed). Let's all email Volvo and tell them to bring the S70 body style back!

Favorite Features

Gotta love the sleek, boxy, classic Volvo look. Interior is very comfortable--both physically and visulaly. I like how the boost from the turbocharger can be easily adjusted with aftermarket ECU upgrades. Car also brakes exceptionally well. Too bad the new S60's are so small and rounded.

Suggested Improvements

Shoulda offered a "Sport Package" that included basic improvements like 17" rims, high-flow exhaust, cold-air intake, and big bore throttle body. T5 engine plus AWD would have been nice.