2000 Volvo S70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S70 model:
If you buy the T5 model, you are in for a SURPRISE
By logan_sully on 05/23/13 21:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I'll say this..when I started looking into buying a Volvo..I wasn't expecting a speedster. Then I found this gem- a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, mother of god..this thing goes. I mean IT GOES. I am completely blown away about how fast this car goes. No one expects it. It's also very luxurious (very nice leather seating, wonderful sound system, heated seats)

Bought for the kids but now I'm keeping this one
By k_in_austin on 09/03/11 22:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I did buy it initially as a safe vehicle for my teens but it drives so much better than my 2004 xc70. This car is a hidden gem--the 2000 model year was the last year this was made, the last year of truly Swedish Volvos, way ahead of it's time with side curtain airbags, also quite luxurious. Waited for a gem and found a base model with less than 100K, well cared for, bought for $4400. Have had it for 1 yr. I like that it is a great size, runs quietly, handles well, steering assist is just right, visibility terrific, seats comfortable.

They don't make 'em like this anymore!
By Anonymous on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I've had my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo for 8 years (bought it used at auction) and it's going strong. It has 105K miles and no sign of slowing down. As this car ages, little things need fixing. But the overall build and reliability are fantastic. I stick to the suggested maintenance schedule and am told I can get 250K miles out of it. I love the turbo's torque as much as the top end smoothness. I've never owned a car this long and it's because I simply don't get bored driving it. It's not much to look at, but when you're sitting on the inside who cares. Bottom Line: FUN to drive and it never breaks down. Wish the S80 were a suitable alternative for when I finally trade it in.

I just love my Volvos
By Paradise Boy on 03/27/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

I had ordered this 2000 VolvoS70 SE ASR in 1999 and picked it up from the dealer in December 1999. Right from the start my wife and I had loved everything about it the comfort, drive, style and reliability that comes with a volvo. Now 10 years old and still going strong. I have had to do some maintenance nothing major. We loved it so much that and with the addition of children, in November 2008 we had purchased the 2009 Volvo XC90 to the driveway. The volvo S70 got us hooked on volvos and we never even looked at any other make. We love our two Volvos.

Great car S70
By Sean on 05/08/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with just over 100K on it. Being my first Volvo I was unsure how it would hold up. I am pleasantly surprised, what a great car! I've put over 10K miles on it and it just purrs. Went to synthetic oil and min. 91 octane gas my mpg is 25.2 / 34. The 5 speed shfits smooth and likes to shift around 4K on the tac., a very solid car. I'm 6'2" tall and fit easily, but I don't think I'd like to long in the back seat, a bit tight back there.

Great used car value
By coldax on 04/21/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased 3/08 w/122K miles. Now 4/09 and 150K and no major repairs. Previous owner took good care of it, so if you shop for one make sure it was maintained. Mine has non-turbo engine, delivering 28mpg and less maint. issues. Seats are outstanding. Feels very safe inside. Nice blend of luxury and sporty looks. Car does not look 9 years old at all. Huge trunk and fold flat seats. My SE has leather, wood trim, 8 speaker stereo that sounds fantastic, heated mirrors, etc. I added a K&N drop-in air filter ($40-helps with mileage and acceleration), also added strut bar to help w/body roll in corners ($50 on ebay). I recommend for safety, comfort, looks & value: cost $35K new, mine was $3200!

2000 Volvo S70 4 Dr GLT Sedan
By Myprettyawfulcar on 12/23/08 22:34 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my dream car. Bought it certified pre-owned. When I purchased it the check engine light was on. The dealership said come back in and we will turn it off for you. No problems passed 125 point inspection--mint condition. I have taken that car for service and one recall after the other and it's even shut down on the highway once. I have had a service bill of $1600, on several occasions and nothing under $700 for the 7 times its needed service in the last 5 years. I love my car and it is pretty to look at but it is a lemon. I just cannot afford the service anymore...which seems to happen every year without fail right around inspection time because that check engine light is on.

"Like a Rock"
By William Wellman on 10/31/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

My lawyer daughter talked me into my first Volvo for safety resons and I'm glad she did but for other reasons! Non-turbo has plenty of power for all highway situations. Gas economy is 23MPG. I'm happy with this at 150,000 on the odometer. Will go to 250 with this "baby". Very reliable in severe weather, especially snow. Would highly recomend as a used car buy!

The best choice of my life
By Reuven Alayev on 07/31/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

i bought the Volvo S70 about back in 2002. The Volvo had a great cherry red exterior and a light tan colored interior. I was amazed that the car looked like new after driving 154,000 miles in six years. That made me worried, but I asked many mechanics and they all told me that Volvos don't give any problems, just refill the gas, change the oil every 2000 miles, and refill the water, and the car will be loyal to you. They were so right! My Volvo S70 now has over 174,000 miles and still drives and looks brand new, and it has not given me any mechanical problems ever since I bought it almost 2 years ago. This is a great car that keeps its value over time.

2000 Volvo GLT SE Turbo
By Amy on 07/05/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used at 136k miles. This car handles like a dream and the turbo gets you out of situations like people you like to box you in on the highway. The A/C however is intermitant and don't know why. Going to bring it in to get that looked at. I want to feel safe with my new son and don't want a minivan and look like a soccer mom. There is plenty of space in the trunk for the stroller and groceries. I would recommend this car.