Used 2000 Volvo S70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S70 model:

If you buy the T5 model, you are in for a SURPRISE
By logan_sully

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I'll say this..when I started looking into buying a Volvo..I wasn't expecting a speedster. Then I found this gem- a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, mother of god..this thing goes. I mean IT GOES. I am completely blown away about how fast this car goes. No one expects it. It's also very luxurious (very nice leather seating, wonderful sound system, heated seats)

The power- it's incredible. This thing just..takes off. I've beat Nissan 350Z's and a BMW M3 in it.

The MPG is terrible on the T5, I usually get 16 city.

Bought for the kids but now I'm keeping this one
By k_in_austin

2000 Volvo S70 Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I did buy it initially as a safe vehicle for my teens but it drives so much better than my 2004 xc70. This car is a hidden gem--the 2000 model year was the last year this was made, the last year of truly Swedish Volvos, way ahead of it's time with side curtain airbags, also quite luxurious. Waited for a gem and found a base model with less than 100K, well cared for, bought for $4400. Have had it for 1 yr. I like that it is a great size, runs quietly, handles well, steering assist is just right, visibility terrific, seats comfortable.

Handling, safety. This car is a pleasure to drive.

This did make improvemenst over the prior incarnation which had a very awdward dashboard and the unlock buttons annoyingly in the center console. Still has flimsy cup holders. I personally like the boxiness because it means I have good sized windows and the car is very upright so great visibility. My later model volvo is the rounded type and it subtracts from visibility. Better mpg would be nice. If my much heavier xc70 can get 22mpg, this smaller one should do better. Also, before getting this whole era of Volvo's you need to know that the check engine light comes on frequently. Most of the time it is nothing, so it is helpful to have a trustworthy, non-dealer mechanic.

They don't make 'em like this anymore!
By Anonymous

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I've had my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo for 8 years (bought it used at auction) and it's going strong. It has 105K miles and no sign of slowing down. As this car ages, little things need fixing. But the overall build and reliability are fantastic. I stick to the suggested maintenance schedule and am told I can get 250K miles out of it. I love the turbo's torque as much as the top end smoothness. I've never owned a car this long and it's because I simply don't get bored driving it. It's not much to look at, but when you're sitting on the inside who cares. Bottom Line: FUN to drive and it never breaks down. Wish the S80 were a suitable alternative for when I finally trade it in.

- Seats are super comfortable. Great lumbar support and enough stiffness to give a sports car feel - Reliable - Zippy/fast, but still with good mileage - Love all the dashboard buttons...reminds me of the Saab - With a set of snow tires, performs very well in the snow

- Plastic cupholders have broken a couple times...very flimsy - 12 volt outlet can sink into the console if pushed too hard...needed to beef it up - Boxy exterior design, but it's a 2000 Volvo. 10 years ago this was cool!

I just love my Volvos
By Paradise Boy

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

I had ordered this 2000 VolvoS70 SE ASR in 1999 and picked it up from the dealer in December 1999. Right from the start my wife and I had loved everything about it the comfort, drive, style and reliability that comes with a volvo. Now 10 years old and still going strong. I have had to do some maintenance nothing major. We loved it so much that and with the addition of children, in November 2008 we had purchased the 2009 Volvo XC90 to the driveway. The volvo S70 got us hooked on volvos and we never even looked at any other make. We love our two Volvos.

The comfort and security of being in a safe and well built car.

I only wish that volvo would build a larger SUV to compete with the US made ones.

Great car S70
By Sean

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with just over 100K on it. Being my first Volvo I was unsure how it would hold up. I am pleasantly surprised, what a great car! I've put over 10K miles on it and it just purrs. Went to synthetic oil and min. 91 octane gas my mpg is 25.2 / 34. The 5 speed shfits smooth and likes to shift around 4K on the tac., a very solid car. I'm 6'2" tall and fit easily, but I don't think I'd like to long in the back seat, a bit tight back there.

The manual transmission - the solid feel of the car - its handling

CUP HOLDERS!!! Better quaily leather seating -