Used 2000 Volvo S70 T5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S70 model:

If you buy the T5 model, you are in for a SURPRISE
By logan_sully

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I'll say this..when I started looking into buying a Volvo..I wasn't expecting a speedster. Then I found this gem- a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, mother of god..this thing goes. I mean IT GOES. I am completely blown away about how fast this car goes. No one expects it. It's also very luxurious (very nice leather seating, wonderful sound system, heated seats)

The power- it's incredible. This thing just..takes off. I've beat Nissan 350Z's and a BMW M3 in it.

The MPG is terrible on the T5, I usually get 16 city.

Hold on to it
By jmmcev

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought the S70 almost 5 years ago and the only problem I have had with it is the battery going dead which I replaced. It has been an extremely good car for me and I plan to keep it and try for 200-300K mileage barring major unforeseen problems. I presently have 70K in to and from work driving.

Very comfortable--tight ride

Could make it a tad bigger--need improvement of windshield wiper speed and intermittency--improve cup holders

Fun Well Built Car
By weavy

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

The Car is a pleasure to drive everytime I get Behind the Steering Wheel. It's very entertaining to drive, and has a very playful agressive stance. The engine is very smooth as well as the transmission. I would recomed the car to anyone who needs a nice sporty sedan.

I love the heated seat and heated mirors. Although almost worthless, the headlamp wiper/washers are cool. The spoiler sets car off nicely. Very high performance (t5). Stereo system kicks. Steering is very precise. Sharp steering.

Trouhle w/ oil leaks out of turbo and oil lines. Door panels inside need replaced after 6 years (leather pulls away from door (Due to HEAT)).

236 hp on highways; 36 otherwise
By Alibaba

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Car is very luxurious. The interior cannot be more than that. Bugs me that it is slow on picking up in town. Mostly due to its sport suspension which slows it down. Great on saving money; gas and insurance.

Anything you saw in a car can be found in volvo. Enjoying the sunroof the power seats. wipers on the head lamps .. cd tape combination. lovely on highways

Wish it was an AWD. Volvo been around long enough to figure out what can be enhanced with the sports suspension. A recall for better performance is a great thing to do.