2000 Volvo S70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S70 model:
2000 Volvo S70 4 Dr GLT Sedan
By Myprettyawfulcar on 12/23/08 22:34 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my dream car. Bought it certified pre-owned. When I purchased it the check engine light was on. The dealership said come back in and we will turn it off for you. No problems passed 125 point inspection--mint condition. I have taken that car for service and one recall after the other and it's even shut down on the highway once. I have had a service bill of $1600, on several occasions and nothing under $700 for the 7 times its needed service in the last 5 years. I love my car and it is pretty to look at but it is a lemon. I just cannot afford the service anymore...which seems to happen every year without fail right around inspection time because that check engine light is on.

2000 GLT Keep It-Or You Will Miss It!!
By Ivan Lucas on 12/05/06 22:22 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I "tried" to incorporate a "9" in my ratings of perfect "10s" (to make it more realistic for non-believers). But there was not 1 particular category that I felt I should slight in any way. If anything the performance category it should be an 11, And the comfort a 12! If you own 1 of these cars (especially a Turbo) DO NOT SELL IT to purchase something "More expensive"(like I did). You will find there is NOTHING on the market (regardless how much you will spend) that compares to the comfort and performance this car delivers. The seats feel tailor-made. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are also in V-8 territory. Dont believe me? -drive one. And as for gas mileage - the turbos RUN ON AIR! I get 28mpg.

Solid, Stable, Good Performer
By ctyndal on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

An enjoyment to drive everyday on a long commute. Comfortable, quiet, and solid.

Not as good since Ford influence
By Trader1997 on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

The quality not as good as the 95 850 I traded in for this one. Steering looser, pickup not as steady or quick, handling not up to 95 standards. Have had nothing but problems from the day I drove it off the lot. Some major, some minor such as the ever present taillights going out. If I buy another, it will be the older 850 with low miles, its a better vehicle and more dependable.

I Love It!!
By desi on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Volvo. Before, I had a 1986 Volvo 740 GLE. I got 208,925 miles on that baby. And I would still have it if my son didn't total it in a car accident. The S70 is not as sturdy as the 740 was. There are too many electrical components to the S70 and I believe that is the problem. The mechanics are not fully trained on these new computer circuits and chips. Overall, I love the power of my S70. And, yes, you do tend to hear more highway noise then my previous Volvo 740 GLE. And, I agree the cup holders are a joke for such classy car.

There's a sucker born
By jackal11 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

There is a good reason why this dog is on the Consumer Reports "watch out" list and it's because the car has major defects. In my case the electrical system ran the battery down, six times in one year. Volvo couldn't fix it and kept putting in new batteries, I finally disconnected the nifty after blower and that fixed it...