Used 2000 Volvo S70 GLT Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S70 model:

2000 Volvo S70 4 Dr GLT Sedan
By Myprettyawfulcar

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my dream car. Bought it certified pre-owned. When I purchased it the check engine light was on. The dealership said come back in and we will turn it off for you. No problems passed 125 point inspection--mint condition. I have taken that car for service and one recall after the other and it's even shut down on the highway once. I have had a service bill of $1600, on several occasions and nothing under $700 for the 7 times its needed service in the last 5 years. I love my car and it is pretty to look at but it is a lemon. I just cannot afford the service anymore...which seems to happen every year without fail right around inspection time because that check engine light is on.

Comfortable seating, nice size trunk and look of the exterior.

My Volvo is the most troublesome car that I have ever owned. Do something about all those recalls, build a better, safer, car like you promised. By all means improve the road noise level for the price point it should be sound proof. Also I've had cheaper, quieter cars with less requiredd service.

2000 GLT Keep It-Or You Will Miss It!!
By Ivan Lucas

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I "tried" to incorporate a "9" in my ratings of perfect "10s" (to make it more realistic for non-believers). But there was not 1 particular category that I felt I should slight in any way. If anything the performance category it should be an 11, And the comfort a 12! If you own 1 of these cars (especially a Turbo) DO NOT SELL IT to purchase something "More expensive"(like I did). You will find there is NOTHING on the market (regardless how much you will spend) that compares to the comfort and performance this car delivers. The seats feel tailor-made. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are also in V-8 territory. Dont believe me? -drive one. And as for gas mileage - the turbos RUN ON AIR! I get 28mpg.

I have sat in every car on the market under $120,000. I can safely say my Volvo has the most comfortable seats. Also I have material/chemical allergies. Volvo seems to be the only car where the materials it is made from DO NOT effect my allergies.

Volvo is becoming more popular to younger buyers like me. Keep everything the same but Please incorporate "BRIGHTER" exterior colors; White(not off white), Centerline Yellow, Construction Orange, Lime Green, and Plum Crazy Purple. -Thank You.

Solid, Stable, Good Performer
By ctyndal

2000 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

An enjoyment to drive everyday on a
long commute. Comfortable, quiet, and
solid.

Dynamite braking and stability

Not as good since Ford influence
By Trader1997

The quality not as good as the 95 850 I
traded in for this one. Steering
looser, pickup not as steady or quick,
handling not up to 95 standards. Have
had nothing but problems from the day I
drove it off the lot. Some major, some
minor such as the ever present
taillights going out. If I buy another,
it will be the older 850 with low
miles, its a better vehicle and more
dependable.

Seating, inside styling

cup holders, not short changing the quality that was in the earlier models

I Love It!!
By desi

This is my 2nd Volvo. Before, I had a
1986 Volvo 740 GLE. I got 208,925 miles
on that baby. And I would still have it
if my son didn't total it in a car
accident. The S70 is not as sturdy as
the 740 was. There are too many
electrical components to the S70 and I
believe that is the problem. The
mechanics are not fully trained on
these new computer circuits and chips.
Overall, I love the power of my S70.
And, yes, you do tend to hear more
highway noise then my previous Volvo
740 GLE. And, I agree the cup holders
are a joke for such classy car.

My favorite is the inside trunk and gasoline latch. I also love the console and my leather seats.

The seat warmers need to be have a med/low feature and should click off automatically after seats are warm. Need better cupholders. Also, need the S70 front bumper to be higher from the ground for parking. Also, the car itself needs to be raised a little high from the ground.