2000 Volvo S70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S70 model:
They don't make 'em like this anymore!
By Anonymous on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I've had my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo for 8 years (bought it used at auction) and it's going strong. It has 105K miles and no sign of slowing down. As this car ages, little things need fixing. But the overall build and reliability are fantastic. I stick to the suggested maintenance schedule and am told I can get 250K miles out of it. I love the turbo's torque as much as the top end smoothness. I've never owned a car this long and it's because I simply don't get bored driving it. It's not much to look at, but when you're sitting on the inside who cares. Bottom Line: FUN to drive and it never breaks down. Wish the S80 were a suitable alternative for when I finally trade it in.

2000 Volvo GLT SE Turbo
By Amy on 07/05/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used at 136k miles. This car handles like a dream and the turbo gets you out of situations like people you like to box you in on the highway. The A/C however is intermitant and don't know why. Going to bring it in to get that looked at. I want to feel safe with my new son and don't want a minivan and look like a soccer mom. There is plenty of space in the trunk for the stroller and groceries. I would recommend this car.

Odd, but comfortable
By techie on 06/20/07 22:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for the safety and the incredibly comfortable seats, but we wouldn't buy another one. It has odd quirks, like the junky cupholders in the front and the lack of any trunk light, that are annoying for a car at this price level. The dangerous trouble with the jerky electronic throttle (ETS) really scared us, especially when we got the bill for the repair. Fortunately, Volvo did the right thing and reimbursed us for the repair and, at least at first, warrantied it for life. However the class action suit for this problem seems to indicate a shorter warranty. It's now a recall, so get it fixed before it stops working altogether.

Last Volvo
By Jeff Barnes on 08/24/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

This has been the most expensive car I've ever had to own. I wouldn't say it's very reliable either Warranty service was fair at best. I dread the check engine light going on. That's never less than a $1,000. I like the way the car looks and drives but I can't afford it or can I rely on it.

Bring back the S70 body style!!!
By Turbomolar on 01/16/05 15:13 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Most people don't realize how easy it is to customize their Volvos. With a simple ECU change, intake and exhaust upgrade, your S70 GLT SE can easily add another 40hp and 70torque. And upgrading to a lighter 17" aftermarket rims(I recommend the 17.5 lb. SSR-GT1 wheel.) with wider tires transforms this boxy grandpa car into a sexy, agressive, turbobrick! ;) I love my S70. Too bad Volvo stopped making this body style. Guess I'll have to get a XC70 next. Anyways...no real problems have arisen in the past 5 years(except for the turn signal recall that was easily fixed). Let's all email Volvo and tell them to bring the S70 body style back!

What a nice Swedish ride
By Volvo Lover on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

2000 was the last year for this body style and we love it.

jj
By gdfghdfh on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Not The Volvo of Old
By Drewber from Texas on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

The S70 GLT SE is an excellent car. It possesses very good power, near-luxury comforts, stable ride on the road and good safety features. The sound system is unbelievable with an 8-speaker design. It seems as though Volvo is striving to imitate Japanese quality and apperance. Some of us still want boxy, heavy, classic car designs. Clearly, Ford is having a greater and greater influence on design - too bad.

Boring But Reliable
By GBW on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Safe. Solid. Boring. Electrical issues always. Fast enough. Real good in snow. Great local dealer. Expensive to buy. Cheap to own. Will look at Audi A4 in June, 2003. No interest in Volvo's new designs.

love this car
By volvodriver1 on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE Turbo 4dr Sedan

last of the S70'. The SE model has it all - winter package and turbo engine give it a boost. Love those seats