Used 2000 Volvo S70 Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volvo S70 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Volvo S70

View reviews for a specific S70 model:

Great first car for a highschool kid
By Swag Boy McGee

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

Before buying this car make sure the alarm is not in the security mode but if it is hope it reads CODE so you dont have to deal with the hassle of waiting for it to read code.

Great Car for the Money
By s70_owner

2000 Volvo S70 SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used several months ago with 110,000 miles. So far, I am very impressed with my car given that it is 16 years old. The seats in the car are extremely comfortable. The car rides smooth and handles well in the snow. There is generous interior space for passengers and more than enough trunk space. Not to mention, this car is a great value with plenty of features for the money. The SE trim comes standard with heated seats and an 8 speaker sound system. My car has been reliable with no major mechanical problems. Overall, I highly recommend the 2000 Volvo S70 as a used car. I hope to keep this car as long as possible.

Volvo 2000 s70
By nurse28

2000 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

Bought it used...so smooth, sharp interior....awesome engine

If you buy the T5 model, you are in for a SURPRISE
By logan_sully

2000 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I'll say this..when I started looking into buying a Volvo..I wasn't expecting a speedster. Then I found this gem- a 1999 Volvo S70 T5, mother of god..this thing goes. I mean IT GOES. I am completely blown away about how fast this car goes. No one expects it. It's also very luxurious (very nice leather seating, wonderful sound system, heated seats)

The power- it's incredible. This thing just..takes off. I've beat Nissan 350Z's and a BMW M3 in it.

The MPG is terrible on the T5, I usually get 16 city.

Bought for the kids but now I'm keeping this one
By k_in_austin

2000 Volvo S70 Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car.
I did buy it initially as a safe vehicle for my teens but it drives so much better than my 2004 xc70.
This car is a hidden gem--the 2000 model year was the last year this was made, the last year of truly Swedish Volvos, way ahead of it's time with side curtain airbags, also quite luxurious.
Waited for a gem and found a base model with less than 100K, well cared for, bought for $4400.
Have had it for 1 yr.
I like that it is a great size, runs quietly, handles well, steering assist is just right, visibility terrific, seats comfortable.

Handling, safety. This car is a pleasure to drive.

This did make improvemenst over the prior incarnation which had a very awdward dashboard and the unlock buttons annoyingly in the center console. Still has flimsy cup holders. I personally like the boxiness because it means I have good sized windows and the car is very upright so great visibility. My later model volvo is the rounded type and it subtracts from visibility. Better mpg would be nice. If my much heavier xc70 can get 22mpg, this smaller one should do better. Also, before getting this whole era of Volvo's you need to know that the check engine light comes on frequently. Most of the time it is nothing, so it is helpful to have a trustworthy, non-dealer mechanic.