1999 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Tried and True - even in a box

1999 Volvo S70 - Consumer Review

GLT Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Tried and True - even in a box
By Nancydrew1970 on

1999 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I grew up in a family where 3 of our 4 family cars were Volvos: 240DL; 760 Turbo and some long wagon. This car is my first Volvo (not counting the 240 I drove at 16). Originally I thought I would want the S40 but it was just entirely too small and I've always been a "box" bodystyle fan. The S70 has the right amount of leg room, head room and hip room. My ownly concerns: electrial. On my drive home from the dealership I encountered a check engine light and the turn signals stopped working. I hope this isn't a trend. Glad I bought the extented warranty to 2006.

The overal safety feeling I have while driving this luxurious car. The turbo allows me to get up and go whenI need it! Plus, I have to admit, I love the classic lines - I'm not a fan of the new body styling.

1st: There are two blind spots I wish weren't there. 2nd: Closing the sunroof 100% has been a pain. I can't seem to get it flush without trying a few times.