Smooth ride after the speedbumps
By Jake on
1999 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan
I have had this Volvo for 6 years, 75,000 miles, and it has been great. The major problems I have had with the car came around 90k miles when the ETC and ABS had to be replaced. The ETC is a recalled defect and the ABS happened to go with it in my case. The car is easy to maintain and has plenty of room to work in the engine compartment. Lights are easy to change; I don't even scratch my hands doing it. Maintenance procedures are easy to perform on this car which is more than I can say for many other cars. Parts are also sold at reasonable prices and readily available from vendors online. There are also great resources for maintenance, etc. online. I wish I could drive this car forever.
Favorite Features
The best features of this car are the safety features, comfortable seats, ease of access to important parts, readily available resources online, and the sporty ride compromised with a comfortable ride. Passengers have complimented on the spacious interior in the rear seats.
Suggested Improvements
The kick panels are poorly secured and need to reinforced with screws to hold them up. The cup holders are flimsy. The ETC is faulty, it will fail at around 90k miles if it isn't dealth with (make sure it has been replaced and/or fixed and the software has been updated at the dealer).