Better than expected
By Ad on
1999 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan
I have read many reviews of people complaining about Volvo reliability. I found my car to be trouble free. It is the base model without the turbo, so that could be part of the reason. The car feels very solid and is very fun to drive. My other car is an 80's Porsche and I enjoy this car just as much. It is comfortable after a long day at work, and I don't mind driving it in rain or snow. Aside from normal oil changes, I am replacing my original struts that have 134,000 miles on them. Everything else seems find and I plan to drive this car for a very long time. If I were to sell it, it would be for a T5 S70. The best fuel economy I received was 32mpg. This is excellent considering the safety.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy without compromising safety, and handling. This car is fun to drive quickly in turns. I also hear many compliments on how comfortable the car is. Adjusting for inflation, this car was $38,000 new. They are bargains today.
Suggested Improvements
Bring back the S70 (make the S60 larger). Also, build more Volvos with manual transmissions and turbos.