1998 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Why the misfire?!

1998 Volvo S70 - Consumer Review

1998 Volvo S70

Why the misfire?!
By Danny on

1998 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought the T5 turbo because it's a fast, sturdy and relatively inexpensive car (70k miles for $6900). However, as soon as I floored the gas I discovered it had a misfire problem. I tried fixing the problem myself. I replaced all its Bosch "super" sparkplugs with Denso Iridium, the misfire would not go away. I replaced the rotor and distributor cap, misfire still would not go away. The cursed intermittent misfire in cylinder 5 occurs only when I give it the beans, otherwise it rides very well. The leather seems to be pretty sub-par quality as do the brakes. Be ready to give your S70 some maintenance. Oh and my rear taillight goes out a candle in the wind.

Plush leather, plenty of power from the turbo kick when the engine doesn't misfire. Sunroof, engine sound, safety, stereo system and so on.

Sturdier lights. Better brakes. Better leather (without increasing the price, it's not our fault), better view of 7 o'clock and 4 o'clock blind spots, and for pete's sake NO MISFIRING PROBLEMS!! Better engine quality please!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review