1998 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Update

1998 Volvo S70 - Consumer Review

By pandabear1 on

1998 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

Since writing my review in May 2006, I have replaced the ABS module again, the rear shocks, and the O2 sensor. The AC and thermostat both stopped working in 2009. I replaced the power windows around the same time because one day, they just "fell" into the doors. In 2008, the key in the ignition wouldn't turn anymore and had to be replaced. In order to make sure I'd just have 1 car key, all the door locks had to be replaced as well to make it uniform. I can't even describe all the sounds coming from behind the dash of "loose parts" jiggling around. Given that after 14 years, there are only 112k miles, this car has had a ton of issues.

The seats are comfortable and plush. The trunk is large and deep.
By enwinter
on 03/07/12 19:18 PM (PST)

I see that you wrote this recently...do you mind me asking how much it ended up costing to get the windows fixed? Currently, one of my windows are on the verge of "falling" into the door...I think it may have come off the track, but it could very well be the power windows, considering the power locks on my doors don't work either.