Strange Design Oversights
By Bill Sands on
1998 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan
Love this car. Looks like a family sedan to the outside world but step hard on the gas pedal and you are in for the ride of you life. Did not know Volvos were so fast. I am surprised to find that with all the quality built in the car is missing some basic items. There is no light in the trunk. Also there is only one speed on the interval wipers, very annoying. And the cup holders are an afterthought and very flimsy. Otherwise I am very pleased with this car and do not know of any other car I would consider buying. This is my first foreign car purchase and I am very pleased with the Volvo S-70 GLT.
Favorite Features
Steering is very accurate making the car fun to drive. The reserve power on the GLT seems limitless. Interior very quiet. Build quatlity is very good. Gas gauge shows actual gallons left instead of usual full/half/and quarter tank readings.
Suggested Improvements
Trunk light would be very nice, also one speed on the interval wipers is a joke on a luxury car. A manual release for the gas filler door. More drink holders.