1998 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Poor quality for a Volvo

1998 Volvo S70 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Poor quality for a Volvo
By pandabear1 on

1998 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

This car has been a nightmare to maintain. Within the first few years I purchased it, I brought it back to the dealer every 2-3 months. Within 2 wks of driving it off the lot, I had multiple light bulbs on the panel, spark plugs, and AC components replaced. In the 8 yrs I've owned it, I've replaced the battery 4x, alternator 2x, headlights 2x, latch for hood, entire air conditioning system, front axels, shocks, power steering component, ABS sensor...all replaced. I go through tires like crazy, had to get the gas gauge fixed several times, the vinyl has bubbled off the doors, coating on buttons started peeling within months of owning it, all buttons have nail marks on them.

Uhhh...it's not the ugliest Volvo that's beeen made?

Customer service at Volvo has been awful-there is absolutely no accountability. When things didn't work within weeks of buying it, I'd bring it to the dealer, get told that I was crazy, and the car thrown back at me. Eventually, they'd find the problem. This was an extremely poorly made car.