Love hate relationship
By Vish on
1998 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan
I have owned dozens of European cars, sometimes real quirky ones that I know I am buying for the style over the dependability. I have always sworn by Volvo and kept one as a second car because they are traditionally extremely reliable. In the past I owned a Volvo 240 that hit 400K before I sold it off! My Volvo S70 is comfortable, VERY comfy to ride in and very comfortable to drive. It is plagued with electrical problems, engine problems as well as interior quality issues such as poor quality leather that just cracks and fades like no other. The car has a misfire in the engine that we can't get rid of. $2.5K in mechanical bills within the first few months! Great style and character!
Favorite Features
Stereo is alright (I have the CD/Cassette option.) The seats are AMAZING to sit in. This is hands down one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned. Great ride, respectable handling. Does well on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
A/C system, traction control, power windows, engine misfire issues, brake parts, shifter assembly, front suspension is costly to repair. Did Ford have anything to do with the demise of the traditionally dependable Volvo? Really had a lot of hope for this car, maybe mine is just a lemon?