1998 Volvo S70 Consumer Review: Best used car value out there

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan - Consumer Review

Best used car value out there
By Tarheel1 on

1998 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought this car to replace a '96 850 GLT. The turbo makes this car much quicker than the otherwise similar 850. Volvo did a nice job updating the appearance inside an out. The 5 cylinder engine is a perfect balance of reliable, smooth and economical. The GLT includes all the expected luxury features: leather, cruise, a/c, stereo, CD, cassette, remote, power win/locks/mirrors/driver seat. Safety, as always, at the top... the 850 probably saved my life and that's why I bought another one. This car is quicker and more sporty. I briefly contemplated a 1999 Saab 9-3 because of it's more sporty nature but I'm not dissapointed with the S70.

Turbo Charger - feels very powerful, luxury features, build quality and rock-solid safety.

My only complaint is that this car feels heavy. In comparison to BMW 3 & 5's as well as Honda Accords, it just feels heavy around corners. I think it's just that the steering requires a little more effort and the car exhibits a little more body roll. It still handles great.