Amost there
By Hawaii on
1998 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan
I chose this car over a BMW 5 series for the price to value ratio. The 236 HP from the turbo-intercooled motor works well except for a sometimes hair- raising turbo lag. More than once my butt was pinching the T5's comfortable, power and heated leather seat when I had to merge into traffic from a dead stop. There have been some minor disappointments: poor button visibility behind the steering column, driving lights that do absolutely nothing, poor rear visibilty when backing up into a parking stall. But overall it's minor stuff. I feel my T5 was a deal.
Favorite Features
Big comforable leather seats. Plus the rear seats have lots of leg and head room. And the heated front seats are a joy when my lower back hurts. The car does not lack interior lighting at night with six well placed lights. Good usuable trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Be prepared to clean brake dust from your front rims every three days. Downsize the turbo for better low end acceleration. And my pet peeve -- muddy rain water collects on the lower door sill so slacks get dirty upon exiting the vehicle. Nit picking complaints -- I still love my T5.