1998 Volvo S70 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S70 model:
Boxy but Nice!!!
By Gsimon on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have 78K miles on this car and it still drives great! Have never had a problem with this car!!!

Turbo Volvo S70
By RKL on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

very reliable car, sporty, relatively quick and handles well for the price.

'98 S70 GLT - Great Car
By volvos70 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned. Still have it and it still looks, smells and drives like new.

Volvo
By SA TX on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy driving this car. It is fun. Have I hit 15 words, yet?

Electrical nightmare
By enga on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love the comfort of this car, and it feels really nice...very solid. However, this car has less than 70K on it and the alternator blew, ive had 3 shorts, the AC motor died, the windows have stopped working 2 times, etc etc. I love Volvos but this car is a lemon. Back to Japanese i go, and fast.

Ma Super T5
By T5 Owner on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Man, this car ROCKS! Bought it when its 80000, now 100000. I just came back from a trip from Edmonton. This car is just WOW on highways. The turbo is superb, but the lag is annoying. Once the lag's gone unlimited power comes. Ive drove this baby up to 200km/h Its still as steady as ever. This car screams at 4000rpm plus, but the power is wonderful. The headlights are awsome.

S70 Great Car
By MSD on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Volvo's S70 has provided me with excellent service. Maintaining the car according to mfr's suggestions will result in many trouble free miles of driving. The only negative was the frequency of bulb's burning out. Volvo corrected the problem but only after a couple of years of complaints. Everthing else has been trouble free. Great highway car.

Well built, classy & fast
By Prevs2door on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Haven driven 2-door, manual, turbo for more than 11 years just before buying a 4-door sedan is a big change that I surprise myself and others that know me. But my Volvo never disappoint me - the quick pickup, power and comfortable seats that one can't get a sore back from a straight 10 hour drive, whatelse can you ask for more! OK, maybe the retain value, that's about it. If used the car long enough, this doesn't even matter.

Good but not great
By ORBoys on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

I traded in a 2000 Legacy GT Limited for the 98 GLT. Much prefer this car (seats awesome, stereo great and wonderful engine)but there is room for improvement. Windshield wipers to slow, brake dust, along with other minor mechanical things (Oxy sensor). No real problems and plan to but new model when piggy-bank is full.

if u can buy it you can afford to fix it
By LUVMYVOLVO on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 Sedan GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

Just purchased very high mileage Volvo S70 GLT. 156000 mile on a 1998. Got a great deal. Volvos can go on for ever with a little bit of TLC. Encountered some minor power window problems and some instrument lights were out. Over all the car still drives like new. Repairs included-New stutts and mountings, one tire, balancing and alleignment--$750.00