1998 Volvo S70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S70 model:
Car to Avoid
By Jack on 09/20/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 GT 4dr Sedan

This Volvo is definitely not one of the better products Volvo has made. My car is always in the shop and has multiple electrical and computer problems (there are 7 computers in it, none of them very reliable). The engine is fairly reliable. Domestic and Japanese cars have better records. I paid about $30,000 for this car and have put in about $25,000 in repairs. So basically, my car has become a $55,000 car over 9 years. I probably should have tried another brand, but with past experience of Volvo's reputation of safety and reliability, I thought this would be good. It was a mistake. Avoid this car if you can. Or buy it cheap since it doesn't really hold value anyway.

Good until 90k
By Glen on 08/01/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 GT 4dr Sedan

The following have required replacement/repair in the last 10k miles. Three AC modules. Power steering harness, ABS module, Struts, Shocks, Power radio antenna, power door locks, Power seat does not work properly. To this point the engine and transmission have been solid. The bottom line is $4,000 worth of repairs for a car that had been reliable but has turned into a money pit of repairs. If you have one sell it before you put too much mileage on it.

Great Car
By LinkinGlory on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 GT 4dr Sedan

This car saved my life last week. Totalled it and I was told I was very lucky to be alive. I wouldn't be here today if I wasn't driving such a safe car. The car had 92000 miles and had never given us a problem. Amazing car.

You Get what you pay for ( AMEN!)
By JRuss on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S70 GT 4dr Sedan

After a horrendous bout of "Dodgeitis",or the non-latin transcripton, blown head gasket at 65,000 highway miles, I decided to take the unchartered foreign car route. I read of the legendary durability of the Steel Viking road vessels known as VOLVO and, immediatly decided to "Invest" in a vehicle that could stand the rigors of every day wear and tear. The "Investment",after 4 years and 88,000 miles,is still serving dividends in a civilized fashion.The S70 carries the durability that the price sticker suggests, thus showig that one truly does get what one pays for!