2016 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

150 miles a day, pure bliss
By Mike C

2016 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E Inscription Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I justified this purchase (to myself and mostly my wife!) based on safety - Volvo's reputation for crash protection and all of the safety technology that comes with the car. On the technology front, I simply don't want to drive anything else now (haven't driven my wife's Touareg in months - anytime we go out together, it's in the Volvo). The adaptive cruise control has more than once alerted me to stopped traffic on I75 outside of Atlanta, and applied the brakes sooner than I would have by myself. Combine the adaptive cruise with the blind spot detection, and it's like having a very competent copilot with me on every drive. The cross-traffic alert is also very helpful - scans for people or moving vehicles as you are backing up and sounds an alert. Ride comfort is a 10/10. Incredibly comfortable leather seating and solid, quiet ride. Reliability has been outstanding so far - I just passed the 20K mark with zero problems. This is an outstanding car that I highly recommend. I have owned a lot of vehicles including a 3 series, and none compare to this vehicle. Hoping to get 200K out of it over five years, and so far I am VERY happy with my decision to buy this car.

Great car, fun to drive!
By Justin Velasquez

2016 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love my new 2016 S60 Inscription
By Richard S'Dao

2016 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E Inscription Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second S60 after owning a 740il & LS 400 for many years. My first S60 was a T5 AWD 5 cylinder. Liked that car but drawbacks were a bumpy ride and limited backseat room. The 2016 Inscription 4 cyl Drive E I'm now driving is fabulous. Better riding vehicle due to the longer wheel base and much more comfortable & spacious backseat. The upscale interior and electronics in the Inscription model makes this feel more like a luxury car, not a car I'm paying $300/month to lease. I went with a 24 month lease but having regrets I didn't go for 36! That's how much I've been enjoying this car.

Volvo for life!
By HR

2016 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my thirdS 60 and I have loved them all. The safety features are outstanding, especially the back up camera, front and side cameras and blind spot indicator. For a four cylinder, the S 60 has terrific pickup especially when merging. Gas mileage is OK around town but excellent on a highway trip. The back seat is a bit tight but I hardly have back seat passengers. The S60 is the perfect size car for me. It's only drawback is the time consuming, difficult to use navigation. I have given up on it and use my phone for this purpose.

I love this car
By Randy

I've had my S60 Inscription (with all the bells & whistles) for a month now. I owned a 2004 S60 for many years which I enjoyed. But this 2016 Inscription car I love. The extra 3" make a huge difference - especially in the back seat. My kids (full grown) even commented on how much room they had. Truth is it's taken me most of the month just to learn how to work all the technology. I love the adaptive cruise control and use it every day. The safety features (lane keeping aid, collision warning, etc) alone make it worth it. And being able to use regular gasoline is a big plus. Bluetooth connectivity to my phone is wonderful. The system text-to-voice system reads incoming texts to me and I then ask Siri to respond to them. Built-in USB port in the console just makes sense. Oh, and the dealership (Keystone Volvo) was fantastic. They advertise "No hassle, no hype". I didn't believe the ads before. Now I do. Terrific experience. The only possible change I'd like to see in future versions is a larger display but that will always be true. One other thing - I should have taken advantage of the free trip to Sweden to get my car from over there.