2015 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

THIS CAR NEEDS TO BE RECALLED - TIRES ARE BAD
By LAURENVOLVO

2015 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have received 3 flat tires in 6 months. 2 of the flat tires were blow outs on the expressway and I almost caused 2 huge accidents while my 7 year old daughter was in the car. This car needs to be recalled. There is NO SPARE TIRE and when i got all 3 of my flats the lighter socket did not work for me to fix the tire. Continental tires are horrible and not safe. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITH THE CONTINENTAL TIRES.

2015.5 T5 Platinum Shines Brightly
By roubaud

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2012 S60 T5 and loved it, but wanted xenons (all Volvo cars should have xenons period). The 2015.5 platinum makes an already good car superb. It's simply fun to drive -- not as fun as my old Merc C230 coupe, but still pretty darn good for a sedan. Mileage in the first few months is about 33 hwy and 28-29 combined -- that should get better, indeed I hope it does with the touted drive-e engine (I was at 24 combined in my 2012 T5).

Radar cruise control is simply spot on -- very accurate and welcoming on long drives (applies brakes fairly fast, too). All the tech works great. Seats are still out of this world comfortable -- I always get out of the car after 5-6 hours and think hey, I could go another 5-6 hours. I enjoy the clean, simple interior that is not distracting like so many other cars (Acura); I also like the number keypad for quick address entry on the nav, even though others call it dated looking. Don't feel like I've lost any pep in the drive-e 4 cylinder vs. the 5 cylinder of yore. Nice beefy steering wheel feels good to grip.

I still can't get used to the stop / start engine -- and it is silly that you can't turn it off permanently. The collision warning is a bit too sensitive (and loud), but I know that's the point. Volvo is slowly catching up with apps and connectivity, but they (like many) have a ways to go -- which is mind boggling in this day and age. It's not quite as easy as I'd like to send an address from my home computer to the nav system -- and I'd love an on board hard drive.

Worst car buying experience that I have ever had
By neilister

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased 2015 S60 T6 Platinum. Dealer misrepresented car by not telling me it was a 2015 vs. newer 2015.5 version! Post delivery had tire pressure monitoring system problem, other neighboring dealers did not want to assist with the issue until I got nasty. Contacted Volvo Cars North America and requested assistance only to be completely blown off by them. Paid 40K for a new car only to have horrible service/support. There is no accountability at Volvo when there is a problem with one of their vehicles. 21st century car supported by a less than 20th century network of people. Will never buy another Volvo as a consequence of this experience.

Great Car - Great Value
By mitsu_david

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was going to lease a '14 at model year end, but they made me the same deal on a '15 with better equipment. I REALLY like this car. The interior is very refined and comfortable. I don't always fit well in cars with sunroofs but I have plenty of head room. Performance is excellent, mileage good, lease terms were fantastic including full maintenance and warranty. Stereo system is nice and road noise manageable. My only quibble is with the styling which isn't bad, but a little too reminiscent of a Ford Fusion. All round very happy. I compared to Cadillac ATS, Lincoln MKZ, BMW 325i It was the most affordable and really didn't require any compromises (MKZ had a little more space)

comfort, style, value for the money

I can't think of anything to improve

No one talks about tall people
By ajbcohen

2015 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my S60, and I'm about to lease another one. One review comment I have not seen anywhere is that the car is great for tall drivers! I am 6'4". The front seats are very adjustable and provide a lot of head/leg space, and the telescoping steering wheel range is better than in all other cars I tested in its class. Many reviews mention that there is limited leg room in the 2nd row. What are people expecting? This is a mid-size sport sedan. When you have people in the back, you have to adjust your seat and drive in a less-than-optimal position. Get real. Overall - I highly recommend this car for multiple reasons (running out of allowable space here).

Extremely comfortable and sporty leather sets. Very nice interior trim. Relatively quite ride. Sport mode is pretty responsive and fun. No hard plastic materials used in interior. High quality materials. 40-60 fold down seats. Retractable 2nd row head rests at push of a button to maximize visibility. LED compass in rear view mirror - I initially thought this was a gimmicky and useless item - However, it's surprisingly handy. I Like that radio stays on after car is turned off as long as doors have not yet been opened. There are a number of subtle details like this (electronic and mechanical) that are very admirable in terms of creative thinking by the Volvo engineering team.

Transmission lagging sometimes when you floor it (not quite floor it) if you're in regular drive mode. Would like center console (that is, the computer) to come on sooner following startup. Currently, there is a 5+ second delay. This means you can't adjust heat settings/radio or anything like that immediately upon starting. These are comments about my 2013. Looking forward to the 2015.5.