2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design

T6 R-Design 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

2014 S60 R-Design with Platinum Package, BLIS, Climate package
By mps_

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I like this car and it is fun to drive. It works very well as a daily driver and has some good kick, although it is still far from a sports car. I have one major issue with this car. Volvo has built heating elements into the windshield (small wires every few millimeters). At night all lights reflect off of these wires and makes the lights blurry. It is a huge safety issue and is extremely annoying. Due to this issue alone, I am not sure if I will keep this car very long. Although it is nice to have a heated steering wheel, skip the Climate Package if you buy this car.

Favorite Features

•The seats are the best I have ever had in a car. Not only are they supportive and comfortable, I can even use the headrest which is the first time I have even experienced this in a car that I have owned. •The engine power is great and has good power •The BLIS system is actually pretty good because there are some big blind spots due to the large c-pillars •The new display is great and I love being able to change the colors •The re-designed front of the car is a really nice change. I personally think that back of the car could use a redesign. •The transmission does shift fast for a standard transmission but this car really needs a dual clutch transmission to compete.

Suggested Improvements

•The driving dynamics need some work. When pushing the car, I don’t feel connected to the road as I do with German equivalents (I have owned many BMWs and Audis). Secondly I can feel the weight of the engine and it’s placement over the front axle when cornering, this results in under steer. •This car should have wider tires. They have decent grip however the car is not too light and could use some bigger tires. •The paddle shifters are too small. •Skip the NAV system it is not very good •Volvo needs to upgrade the materials to compete, too much hard plastics, cheap key fob, •There need to be more interior color options for the R-design

New 2014 S60 R-Design and online reviews
By spmatl

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just purchased an S60 R-design and hope to pick it up today. Has the same specs as an Audi S4 but costs much less after negotiation. I assume the S4 has better driving dynamics but they just won't come down on price much for the car. I will update my review after spending a few weeks with the S60. Does anyone know where to find a good online video review of this car? Volvo has done a really bad job of getting this car in front of the car mags.

Suggested Improvements

Wider tires