2014 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great unexpected find
By The Kid

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for an all wheel drive sedan and was really looking at Audi's and Lexus's and after leaving the Lexus dealer I saw a Volvo dealership and decided to stop. Never even considered a Volvo in the process. Anyway took it for a test drive and leased it the same day. Number one reason I got was the comfort of the seats and was truly happy on the way it drove and the functionality of the car. They have come a long way on the looks of their vehicles, should at least give it a test drive. Think u might be as surprised as I was!!

Very Good Car/Great Value
By darkhorse2

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my S60 a few days ago after comparing quite a few cars. Audi A4, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series & Mercedes new A class. The Volvo was overall the best choice for me as an everyday car. It does all things well and represented a great car for the money. A bit more money than the fully loaded Ford, Buick and Honda but with better quality and features. The same feel and features of the Audi, Mercedes and Cadillac but without a higher price tag and the horrible excuse for a back seat.

The handling/ride combination is great. I'm sure that a BMW 3 Series will handle a bit better at the track but this is a daily use vehicle where the ride is more important. The seats are great, audio is very good and isolation is very good. The list of features is extensive and it has its own personality rather than being just an appliance to go from point A to point B.

The only two disappointments are the lack of a rear view camera unless you go for the top package and the wind noise that you get at highway speeds with a crosswind. Other than that, I have no complaints about the vehicle. Love it.

2 years with my S60 T5 AWD
By quattrofan74

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I decided to downsize with the aim of lowering our overall car payment. My previous car was a 2008 BMW 335i coupe. I loved that car - it's performance, handling and appearance endeared itself to me daily. However, I live in Pennsylvania and winters in it were never really "fun". Also, getting the kids to school became a chore - and a sedan made sense. I decided to lease this time around. Long story short, I got a S60 T5 AWD with Premier and Sport packages. Overall, the car has a decent amount of "go". It's no 335i, but it pulls off the line well. It gets a little asthmatic as the revs climb. The Sport package definitely made a difference in handling too.

The brown leather looks classy! The infotainment system isn't bad. The TFT display is a gimmick - but it works okay. And I'm having fun with the "flappy paddles" (to quote Mr. Clarkson) I'm impressed by the 10 or so airbags and the safety features in the vehicle. The Titania wheels that come with the Sports package look good on the car.

No HIDs standard on a $40K car is scandalous. To me, being able to see items before hitting them is as much a safety feature as is the City Safety feature. I'm also surprised that features like BLIS weren't part of the standard safety suite. Isn't that Volvo's niche, after all? The engine, while torquey, feels a little flat - nothing that another 50hp couldn't cure. The inline-5 does have a pretty enjoyable growl. I feel that Volvo is following in BMW's footsteps of nickel and diming for every feature. Overall, it's a decent car and I look forward to driving it for two years.

Europe experience
By zuli

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We took factory delivery and put 3600 miles on the car in a six week road trip. Extremely comfortable seats. Averaged twenty six mpg at ninety on the Autobahn. Averaged thirty at lower speeds. Last car was a BMW. This doesn't corner the same but is more comfortable and offers much more interior room. We are very pleased. The factory delivery is a treat and a lot of fun.

The best word to describe this car is real comfort. I was able to drive hundreds of miles daily and get out with no back pain. Handling is good, ride smooth and quiet.

The media system could be more user friendly. I needed a tutorial on how to use it and will need a refresher when it gets off the ship in California.