Used 2014 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Finally happy after many other cars
By John B.

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned a lot of vehicles and my S60 finally seems to hit the sweet spot of European performance and luxury with the reliability and lower cost of ownership I desire. It is just an all-around competent vehicle that is a pleasure to get in and drive everyday. It has a super high quality feel - like it's built very solid, something I didn't get in my Accord or Camry Hybrid. I just love the leather interior in this car - it is thick, comfortable, and smells great. The performance is more than adequate with the T5, steering and handling are excellent (not numb like my Camry was), and the comfort on long road trips is outstanding (not noisy like my Accord). Reliability has been fine - just routine maintenance required, and one A/C component replaced under warranty. I couldn't be happier, and I'm pretty picky about cars because I spend a lot of time in them.

Saved my wife's life
By Kern Ries

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a certified used 2013 Volvo S60 with AWD in August 2015, with 17K miles on it. It came with a 7-year/100,00 mile warranty, which is unbeatable. I had to have the driver's side door sensor and the pump for the windshield washer fixed under warranty at that start, but no problems since then. The car has plenty of power, is very comfortable and easy to drive on long trips. It is the most comfortable car I have owned. On Presidents' Day 2016, my wife was driving uphill with about an inch of fresh snow on the road, when a driver coming down the hill lost control and slide sideways into her late so quickly that she had no chance to react. The combined speed of the crash probably was in the 50 to 60 mph range. My wife got only a sore chest and some bruises on her hips from the seatbelt, but otherwise she did not have a scratch. All of the airbags deployed. The car was totaled. I'm so glad that she was riding in a Volvo when the accident happened. I'm now looking to replace it with another a year newer.

Great Good car with glitches
By Danny

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

The dealer has made almost everything right...
In the first 6 months they replaced
-faulty door sensor (lft rear pass side)
-faulty ignition pump- car failed to start on the first try when the gas gauge was at 1 bar ( I recorded the starting problem on my cell phone which was a big help in troubleshooting the problem).
Sometimes the roof liner rattles- the dealer couldn't find the problem.
The front tires wore unevenly at 20 k. I had the tires rotated (free) and paid $100 for a front end alignment because it was past the adjustment period.

I have had a s80, xc70 , xc90 or, and a 2012 s60 fwd which was faster and more fuel efficient but squirrelly when accelerating on turns/curves and less refined car overall than the 2014 s60.

I will try something else when this lease is up- maybe a Lexus. I like reliability.

Great unexpected find
By The Kid

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for an all wheel drive sedan and was really looking at Audi's and Lexus's and after leaving the Lexus dealer I saw a Volvo dealership and decided to stop. Never even considered a Volvo in the process. Anyway took it for a test drive and leased it the same day. Number one reason I got was the comfort of the seats and was truly happy on the way it drove and the functionality of the car. They have come a long way on the looks of their vehicles, should at least give it a test drive. Think u might be as surprised as I was!!

Very Good Car/Great Value
By darkhorse2

2014 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my S60 a few days ago after comparing quite a few cars. Audi A4, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series & Mercedes new A class.
The Volvo was overall the best choice for me as an everyday car. It does all things well and represented a great car for the money. A bit more money than the fully loaded Ford, Buick and Honda but with better quality and features. The same feel and features of the Audi, Mercedes and Cadillac but without a higher price tag and the horrible excuse for a back seat.