2014 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Very Good Car/Great Value
By darkhorse2 on 04/30/14 14:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my S60 a few days ago after comparing quite a few cars. Audi A4, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series & Mercedes new A class. The Volvo was overall the best choice for me as an everyday car. It does all things well and represented a great car for the money. A bit more money than the fully loaded Ford, Buick and Honda but with better quality and features. The same feel and features of the Audi, Mercedes and Cadillac but without a higher price tag and the horrible excuse for a back seat.

2 years with my S60 T5 AWD
By quattrofan74 on 11/12/13 10:33 AM (PST)

2014 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I decided to downsize with the aim of lowering our overall car payment. My previous car was a 2008 BMW 335i coupe. I loved that car - it's performance, handling and appearance endeared itself to me daily. However, I live in Pennsylvania and winters in it were never really "fun". Also, getting the kids to school became a chore - and a sedan made sense. I decided to lease this time around. Long story short, I got a S60 T5 AWD with Premier and Sport packages. Overall, the car has a decent amount of "go". It's no 335i, but it pulls off the line well. It gets a little asthmatic as the revs climb. The Sport package definitely made a difference in handling too.

2014 S60 R-Design with Platinum Package, BLIS, Climate package
By mps_ on 11/02/13 14:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I like this car and it is fun to drive. It works very well as a daily driver and has some good kick, although it is still far from a sports car. I have one major issue with this car. Volvo has built heating elements into the windshield (small wires every few millimeters). At night all lights reflect off of these wires and makes the lights blurry. It is a huge safety issue and is extremely annoying. Due to this issue alone, I am not sure if I will keep this car very long. Although it is nice to have a heated steering wheel, skip the Climate Package if you buy this car.

New 2014 S60 R-Design and online reviews
By spmatl on 10/10/13 06:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just purchased an S60 R-design and hope to pick it up today. Has the same specs as an Audi S4 but costs much less after negotiation. I assume the S4 has better driving dynamics but they just won't come down on price much for the car. I will update my review after spending a few weeks with the S60. Does anyone know where to find a good online video review of this car? Volvo has done a really bad job of getting this car in front of the car mags.

Europe experience
By zuli on 10/07/13 13:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We took factory delivery and put 3600 miles on the car in a six week road trip. Extremely comfortable seats. Averaged twenty six mpg at ninety on the Autobahn. Averaged thirty at lower speeds. Last car was a BMW. This doesn't corner the same but is more comfortable and offers much more interior room. We are very pleased. The factory delivery is a treat and a lot of fun.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Volvo S60 in VA is:

$126 per month*