2013 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Good Car, Bad gas Mileage in T

2013 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

T5 Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Good Car, Bad gas Mileage in T5 AWD
By frugal_car_guy on

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a T5 AWD automatic premier for 5 months. I have averaged 19 MPG combined! That is just plain awful for a 5 cylinder. And no, I do not have a lead foot. This is typical suburban driving and light commuting. (FYI: In 2015, the new 4 cyl engine is faster and gets 25 city, 37 highway.) Other than that the car handles great, is very smooth and comfortable and has very good acceleration. I have had no problems so far. Another negative is that the controls, radio, seat heater etc. are difficult to operate and poorly designed. This car is smoother, more comfortable, quieter, and handles better than my wife's 2012 Acura TL. I got a great deal on a demo, but I should have waited.

Smooth, Quiet, Comfortable, quick and fairly fun to drive. Great seats in premier model.

Improve the gas mileage(they have for 2015). Make the seat heater button start on low, so I don't need to hit a button 3 times every time. Also, the low setting(of 3 levels) is still too hot to keep on more than 10 minutes, which is stupid. Rework all of the controls and move the radio controls to the left hand side of the wheel like every other car. Add some storage. There is no place to keep change, sunglasses etc. The space behind the console is useless. Add home link to the premier model. Being unable to make a call using voice commands is a deficiency. I think it's only available with the premier plus package. Could use more trunk space.