2013 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Excellent Car Poor gas Mileage

2013 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2013 Volvo S60

T5 Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Excellent Car Poor gas Mileage initially in T5 AWD
By frugal_car_guy on

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My original review was more negative, but the more I drive it, the better I like it. I wish I had the voice activated phone and built in garage door opener, but that's only on the top of the line. Overall, it's the best car I've ever owned. I have owned a T5 AWD automatic premier for 2 years now. While I initially got poor gas mileage, it has improved to almost 22 over all, and I got 32 MPG highway on my last road trip. I get about 21.5 in typical suburban driving and commuting. (FYI: In 2015, the new 4 cyl engine is faster and gets 25 city, 37 highway.) Other than that the car handles great, is very smooth and comfortable and has very good acceleration. I have had no problems so far. Another negative is that the controls, radio, seat heater etc. are a bit difficult to operate, but eventually I got used to it. This car is smoother, more comfortable, quieter, and handles better than my wife's 2012 Acura TL. I got a great deal on a demo. Free scheduled maintenance is a bonus and cost saver.

• Quality of materials
  • Purchase cost
  • Maintenance cost

• Cargo storage
  • Logic of controls
  • Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review