I wish I'd kept my C30
By raindances on
2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)
Well, where do I start. Let's do the good stuff: I love the interior, it is comfortable. The freeway ride quality is great. It is fairly quiet on good road surfaces. Now the bad stuff: Had an a/c problem with a pressure relief valve. Took 4 visits to resolve even though it is a known issue. Had a bad fuel pump, causing hard starting from cold. Took 4 visits to resolve even though it is a known issue. Have a steering wobble at speeds around 40mph. This is "normal" according to Volvo. Engine surges and is jerky in any gear and at any speed. This is "normal" according to Volvo. Transmission experiences a delay engaging first gear when pulling away from a stop. This results in a jerk.
Favorite Features
Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vacuum. Car resonates massively when riding on concrete highways. Volvo of North America dismissed my issues and decided I was not worth dealing with. I am a few months into this vehicle that I really want to love, but am prevented from doing so as it was built on a Monday by a person who was hung over from a fun weekend. Fortunately I have a short lease. My C30 was a wonderful, fun car. All I have gained with the S60 is a smoother ride at speed and a lot more troubles.
Suggested Improvements
Quality control & Customer Service. Volvo North America has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced from any car company anywhere in the world I have lived (3 countries). Since when do you lie to a client about issues with a car that are well documented on both Volvo Forums and Swedespeed forums? Oh, and the sales process - don't let the sales person upsell you if you are looking at one of their lease deals. Even though I was told by the sales manager that the lease deal vehicle was a trim level you could not buy, the service manager let slip that the dealer has to stock that trim in order to offer the lease deal. This is how repeat customers are treated.
By raindances
on 03/18/14 03:37 AM (PDT)

Follow up at 8900 miles: Car jerks at all speeds in all gears. Car downshifts to first after it is stopped. Brakes are no good. Struggle to stop the car. USB port won't read most thumb drives. Doors are rattling. Loud creak under the car when turning right. Still no interest or engagement from Volvo NA. Buy one at your own risk.