Like it better than Audi
By mklay on
2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)
Since 1996 I’ve owned various new A4’s, an A6 and A3 (I’ve always preferred Audi’s over BMW’s and Mercedes and never considered VOLVO). In short, after test driving a 2013 S60 T5, “it was a no brainer” I went ahead and leased it on the spot (it was that easy).
Favorite Features
Excels at being extremely comfortable on the highway, but cat like in the canyons.Also, it provides a rock solid feel of a car costing much more. It has wonderful/intuitive steering, perfect shifting 6 speed auto transmission (w) sport mode, plenty of real world performance, from one of the sweetest behaving engines I’ve experienced. Interior has great ergonomics and comfortable and supportive seats”, which are among the best I’ve ever experienced. When driving, the cabin is extremely quiet, even when doing 80+mph on the freeways. Anyway, I could go on and on about how much I love this car!
Suggested Improvements
As with any car, each has their personality/strengths/weaknesses. As for S 60’s, it will take “me” a bit of time to properly learn to park/back up and pull close to things, due its front and rear shape. Also, its trunk takes a bit of effort to close. That aside, “aggregately” the S60 T5 pushes all of my “demanding/perfectionist” hot buttons and I much prefer it over the Audi A4 and also a family members BMW 3 series. Thanks Volvo for making such a great car!!