2013 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
A smart choice (for me)
By kmjs_1 on 02/15/13 14:48 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking for a replacement for my '03 IS300 Sportcross and ended up test driving everything from a Mini Clubman S to the new Lexus ES. All over the map. But I kept coming back to the Volvo S60 because it was comfortable to drive (front seats are amazing), felt solid as a rock, had good acceleration running on regular, and could be bought for much less than competitors. The long term review of the 2012 model on Inside Line was almost all positive as were other published reports. The 2013 T5 model improved in acceleration and gas mileage, nice combo of improvements. Reliable, comfortable, a great value. So now I own a Caspian blue with beechwood leather S60 T5 and am a happy camper.

Nice car
By mtasquared on 12/10/12 21:47 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought this car one week ago, in Platinum trim. Safety features are remarkable. Power is smooth and makes driving fun. Rear headroom is a little low, one of the few minuses. I wanted to get away from all the little compromises of econoboxes with this purchase. Mission accomplished.

engine cold start problem
By lee168 on 12/09/12 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought a 2013 volvo s60 t5 about two weeks ago. When I started the engine in a cold morning, the engine misfires and rumbles for about 5 to 10 seconds. It has been happening every morning when the temperature is below 50 degree, and it happens only the first time you start the engine. After the first time, everything is fine. I brought the car to a volvo dealer, they did all the testings and did not find anything wrong. they contacted volvo support and was suggested to upgrade ECM software 36004-2.3. but the problem still exists after the software upgrade.

Solid sports sedan
By tomhager on 12/05/12 11:56 AM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my Acura TSX after the second timing chain went out, test drove a T5 AWD and was hooked -- great combo of comfort and fun. Drove it through a late-night thunderstorm in the Oregon mountains and felt perfectly safe -- the thing corners like it's on rails. Love the power and quiet.

Performance plus fuel efficiency
By jschuld on 09/29/12 05:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned a 2005 TSX, 2006 TL, 2011 Maxima, I was looking for something a little different. I really liked the looks and performance of the Maxima, but driving 45,000 miles a year was taking it's toll on the wallet with premium gasoline and 25 mpg. I like decent performance in a car and that is one reason I passed on Volvo each time I took a test ride in the past. When I noticed the new S60, it really caught my attention. Having driven my S69 6000 miles now, I can say it's the favorite car I have owned. The ride is a lot like the TL, there is a great feeling for the road and it handles turns exceptionally well. It also runs fine on 87 octane fuel.

A Blast To Drive
By jeffm5 on 09/07/12 17:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My S60 T5 is the FWD model. I've had it for about 6 wks. and have 2,000 mis. on it. It's loaded with NAV and safety options. Front seat comfort is outstanding. All of the controls are on the steering wheel or within easy reach. Handling is outstanding,, power and acceleration are very good. The car has a solid feel. No rattles. Good visibility. The ride is a little choppy on rough roads, very good otherwise. I'm getting 30+ on the highway at about 65 MPH and around 24 in mixed driving with regular gas.

I look forward to driving this S60 every day
By virginiacarguy on 09/03/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned many BMWs, Audi, Acura and various other cars and SUVs, this S60 is the perfect balance of comfort and fun to drive. The old Volvo stereotypes are long gone. While it doesn't have the track or tech specs of a 3 series (like 50/50 weight distribution), it excels at daily driving by perfectly balancing performance and comfort. The S60 is smooth, quiet, composed, solid, quick, very comfortable with superb seats and firm suspension that is never harsh. I recommend the Polestar modification that makes the vehicle faster, reduces throttle/pedal travel and makes power available more immediately. A loaded 325 hp S60 is thousands less than a loaded 4 cyl BMW.

26,804 of 26,821 people found this review helpful
New S60 T5
By houstonjoe on 08/06/12 09:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I kept my eye on the S60, since I needed a more 'corporate' car, coming out of my 2009 C30 I've loved for the last 3 years. The S60 hit all the marks: upscale, gorgeous inside and out; fun to drive and decent price/performance. Consumer Reports and the auto trade press seem to all like this car, and it scores well on the CR reliability ratings. I've had mine for about 2 weeks. This is the first time in about 30 years of purchasing cars that I've bought the same brand back-to-back. This car is a hit for Volvo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volvo S60 Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*