Used 2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design - Consumer Reviews

2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design

T6 R-Design 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Good start but could use a little help....
By jimdd

2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Been driving my S60 R-Design for just over a year.
Great styling differentiates this car from a standard A4 or 3-Series.
Motor is smooth and powerful with very little or no turbo lag.

Interior is clean and comes off like a German car with a little twist.
I actually use the on-dash dial pad often.
It's not simply a gimmick.

All in all, its a nice upgrade from my G37x but leaves me wanting just a little more.
Maybe I'll consider the new Limited Edition R-Design if it isn't cost prohibitive.

The brakes could use an upgrade. They're adequate but on a car in this class they should be better. If you're used to Audi, VW or BMW you'll be disappointed in the stopping power. Also, on an R-Design model I wonder why we need a speed limiter at 130. If I wanted to be limited, I would have purchased the T5. The transmission is 6spd when it should probably be a 7spd. Would love to have a DSG type implementation.

Like a Bat outta Hell
By azelscotto

2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

She flies. That torque curve is unreal. After a week with the R-Spec I can say that the tight suspension handles uneven pavement better than I had expected.
The cabin is very quiet and IMO the sound system is equal to the Audi with the Bang and Olufsen, as I tested the Audi and the Volvo the same day.

The adaptive cruise - it makes the commute a breeze. I also like the interior design. I'm not a fan of shiny wood on the dash. The gages are old school, simple and easy to read.

It needs a better Nav system. There are Hyundai's out there for a third the price with 3 times the nav system. Volvo should and can do better.