2013 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Volvo is not Volvo Anymore
By nevervolvo on 05/25/14 14:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

No Volvo is better than the S80 until my engine blew after 32000 miles. For one month I drove loaner S60 T5 2012. I decided to buy one even though it was not comfortable and has no style. Factory incentives made it more advantageous to buy a new 2013. After the first day, the car when given light gas as in heavy traffic or starting from stop has a rattle sound like a paint can. The car went back 10 times from the dealer. A file was opened by Volvo NA and they said they all do that because of the CVTrans. The 2012 has different drive train. This car is junk and everytime I hear that rattle which is everytime I drive it reminds me of a $40K mistake. After 5 V's the next car is Lexus

Lethargic
By thrustreverser on 05/07/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Found myself shifting the trans to "Sport" mode because in drive mode it shifts like a granny and is unresponsive; it short shifts into 2nd gear when under moderate to heavy throttle. In regular mode off the line, this car feels like a prius. It is slow to accelerate and short-shifts every gear. When trying to pass, the transmission takes too long to respond. I would not buy this car.

An outstanding sedan
By smerdyakov on 03/19/14 08:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

In the last three years I have had an Audi A4 quatrro and a Buick Regal GS, and this car is superior to both of them. The seats are the best that I have ever had, and the 6 cylinder turbo is powerful, and runs on regular fuel. Unlike the same feature in many other cars, the Sport mode enhances performance considerably. It is quiet, smooth, and much faster than I had expected. Mileage tends to average about 32 mpg on the highway, which is not outstanding but adequate. Interior and exterior styling is restrained and elegant, and the layout for all controls is excellent. I don't understand why I feel so few of these cars on the street.

See my original review for more details; this is a follow up
By raindances on 03/18/14 03:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Everything about this car is junk. Build quality, mechanical quality, transmission programming. I have never had a car I hated this much. Just wish it wasn't leased so I could trade it in. Don't believe what you read. I have driven other examples and they are similarly afflicted.

Good Car, Bad gas Mileage in T5 AWD
By frugal_car_guy on 03/08/14 14:50 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a T5 AWD automatic premier for 5 months. I have averaged 19 MPG combined! That is just plain awful for a 5 cylinder. And no, I do not have a lead foot. This is typical suburban driving and light commuting. (FYI: In 2015, the new 4 cyl engine is faster and gets 25 city, 37 highway.) Other than that the car handles great, is very smooth and comfortable and has very good acceleration. I have had no problems so far. Another negative is that the controls, radio, seat heater etc. are difficult to operate and poorly designed. This car is smoother, more comfortable, quieter, and handles better than my wife's 2012 Acura TL. I got a great deal on a demo, but I should have waited.

I wish I'd kept my C30
By raindances on 11/27/13 18:25 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Well, where do I start. Let's do the good stuff: I love the interior, it is comfortable. The freeway ride quality is great. It is fairly quiet on good road surfaces. Now the bad stuff: Had an a/c problem with a pressure relief valve. Took 4 visits to resolve even though it is a known issue. Had a bad fuel pump, causing hard starting from cold. Took 4 visits to resolve even though it is a known issue. Have a steering wobble at speeds around 40mph. This is "normal" according to Volvo. Engine surges and is jerky in any gear and at any speed. This is "normal" according to Volvo. Transmission experiences a delay engaging first gear when pulling away from a stop. This results in a jerk.

Blast to drive...but...
By mark361 on 08/13/13 14:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

A thrill to drive. Salesman said it can out-perform a police cruiser and I believe it.

Like it better than Audi
By mklay on 03/22/13 08:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Since 1996 I’ve owned various new A4’s, an A6 and A3 (I’ve always preferred Audi’s over BMW’s and Mercedes and never considered VOLVO). In short, after test driving a 2013 S60 T5, “it was a no brainer” I went ahead and leased it on the spot (it was that easy).

Enjoying my new S60
By keithv on 03/19/13 07:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Only about 400 miles on the car so far, so still breaking it in. The car is smooth and very comfortable, and I'm enjoying the T5's engine, which has better and smoother pickup than the VW EOS I traded in. For the money, I don't think there is a car on the road with more comfortable seats than the Volvo. The infotainment system is pretty intuitive. There is a bit of wind noise in the cabin. So far getting 23 MPG on regular, which should improve a bit when broken in. The sales staff at Maroone/AutoNation Volvo in Delray Beach were easy to work with, and very accomodating when I had to factory order the car to get the ext/int combination I wanted. I also got a very fair deal & trade.

Best Car I have owned yet
By hashmd on 02/25/13 13:20 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My previous car was a top of the line 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. With the kids finally grown, I wanted a nice sedan to replace it after my son wrecked it. Of course, after a wreck, you want something safe. This car was the perfect balance of luxury, ride, performance, and gas mileage, all on REGULAR gas! Other luxury performance cars are strictly Premium grade gas. And this car passed the newest type of crash test at the IIHS which Mercedes, Audi, BMW didn't pass at all. Acura barely passed. Do other cars get better performance specs? Sure, but they cost noticably more. BMW gets better mileage, but again at higher purchase price and premium gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volvo S60 Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*