Used 2013 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Volvo is not Volvo Anymore
By nevervolvo

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

No Volvo is better than the S80 until my engine blew after 32000 miles. For one month I drove loaner S60 T5 2012. I decided to buy one even though it was not comfortable and has no style. Factory incentives made it more advantageous to buy a new 2013. After the first day, the car when given light gas as in heavy traffic or starting from stop has a rattle sound like a paint can. The car went back 10 times from the dealer. A file was opened by Volvo NA and they said they all do that because of the CVTrans. The 2012 has different drive train. This car is junk and everytime I hear that rattle which is everytime I drive it reminds me of a $40K mistake. After 5 V's the next car is Lexus

Well my least favorite is the size of my payoff. It only performs with the highest grade Sunoco. My favorite feature is when I take it in for service and they give me a S80 as a loaner. The BLIS lights should be in the mirror and not on a piece of plastic inside the car. The other is how Volvo NA and dealers have turned a deaf ear to their customers and how they deny and make you feel stupid.

Volvo, own-up to the fact that you are selling a flawed-engineered car

Lethargic
By thrustreverser

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Found myself shifting the trans to "Sport" mode because in drive mode it shifts like a granny and is unresponsive; it short shifts into 2nd gear when under moderate to heavy throttle. In regular mode off the line, this car feels like a prius. It is slow to accelerate and short-shifts every gear. When trying to pass, the transmission takes too long to respond. I would not buy this car.

Good start but could use a little help....
By jimdd

2013 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Been driving my S60 R-Design for just over a year. Great styling differentiates this car from a standard A4 or 3-Series. Motor is smooth and powerful with very little or no turbo lag. Interior is clean and comes off like a German car with a little twist. I actually use the on-dash dial pad often. It's not simply a gimmick. All in all, its a nice upgrade from my G37x but leaves me wanting just a little more. Maybe I'll consider the new Limited Edition R-Design if it isn't cost prohibitive.

The brakes could use an upgrade. They're adequate but on a car in this class they should be better. If you're used to Audi, VW or BMW you'll be disappointed in the stopping power. Also, on an R-Design model I wonder why we need a speed limiter at 130. If I wanted to be limited, I would have purchased the T5. The transmission is 6spd when it should probably be a 7spd. Would love to have a DSG type implementation.

An outstanding sedan
By smerdyakov

2013 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

In the last three years I have had an Audi A4 quatrro and a Buick Regal GS, and this car is superior to both of them. The seats are the best that I have ever had, and the 6 cylinder turbo is powerful, and runs on regular fuel. Unlike the same feature in many other cars, the Sport mode enhances performance considerably. It is quiet, smooth, and much faster than I had expected. Mileage tends to average about 32 mpg on the highway, which is not outstanding but adequate. Interior and exterior styling is restrained and elegant, and the layout for all controls is excellent. I don't understand why I feel so few of these cars on the street.

Outstanding seats, powerful engine that runs on regular, best cruise control ergonomics I have ever seen, excellent front and rear proximity sensing system

Oddly, this car has no temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, or digital speedometer. Those features should be added.

See my original review for more details; this is a follow up
By raindances

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Everything about this car is junk. Build quality, mechanical quality, transmission programming. I have never had a car I hated this much. Just wish it wasn't leased so I could trade it in. Don't believe what you read. I have driven other examples and they are similarly afflicted.

Nothing.

Transmission. Engine. Brakes. Build quality. Volvo Customer Service (there is none).