2012 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Superb car

2012 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

T5 Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Superb car
By owlieono on

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I are long-time BMW owners, and we love those cars. We compared the T5 to a new BMW 3-series, and the T5 won hands-down. It is simply more car for less money. Excellent pickup on the freeway, deft steering, nimble handling. Before buying we also test drove the T6, which was AWESOME, but more car than we needed. The T5 is so much fun to drive and so well-built that I have a feeling our enthusiasm will last long after our last car payment. If you are considering a BMW, Lexus, or the like, you MUST test drive this car. Gone are the days of the stodgy Volvo. This car positively rocks!

Handling, fuel economy, build quality, styling, responsiveness, driver/passenger comfort. Can you tell I just love this car?

I agree with skippy: the voice-activation dialing and control feature should have been standard on a vehicle in this price range. And while I understand the thinking behind packaging the options, it would be nice to be able to purchase an upgraded sound system without having to buy a nav system as well. These days, who needs an installed nav system? Other than that small complaint, though, I am totally thrilled with this car.