Pulled into a Volvo dealer on a whim ..then bought
By zugisland on
2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Just bought my S60 after looking and driving many other vehicles.!st the others. Lexus ct200 hybrid interior cabin too small at 6ft my head was hitting cieling also there is much concern about this cars performance in the winter . Audi A5 , this would have been the primary competetion to the S60 purchase and although the A5 might be a tad handsomer and its feature set is also maybe a bit more sophistivcated I guarantee if you drive both the Volvo blows it away as far as driving dynamics. A5 211 hp 4 banger cannot come clsoe to the power and smoothness of the s60 Also the steering on the A5 was very loose compared to the volvo not to say I got my 2011 with a hefty 3grand rebate free maintence and 1.9% all vs full msrp 3.9% and no main on the audi and it was a no brainer. oh yes also drive the Bmw 328i aawd but had to spend a fortune to get the paackage with HID zenon lights . Was shocked at the numbner of cars BMW sells with 20 yr old halogens ...come on people why would anyone spend 40 plus grand on a car with those candles for lights.. I will not buy a car without this important safety feature and the S60 with its adaptive headlights are a winner. Wow almost forgot i did twest the new Saab 95 with a 10 grand rebate for obviouso reason and alhough i liked the sabb the best of all I was concerned aobut saabs viablitiy as a company and the potential hit to resell i may have taken and thus ended up in a S60...the only negative is i would have liked to see a better tpm which shows the inflated value of each tire rather then one which just lights when any tire gets low but you dont know which one...and there is no holder for a cell phone anywhere...missed that on the test drive..love the cool auto headrest down function for the rear to give me better visability when no one is in the back ......
Favorite Features
Smooth trans and pwoer..along with regular gas instead of premuim..adapive headlights ..hd radio, phone interface, and AWD
Suggested Improvements
only a few ..1 no holder for cell phone any where on car...needs some lil slot for this somewhere...also chep TPMS which only lights when tire is low vs a more sophisticated oen which shows tire pressure exactly for each tire so you know which one is low...
By nrborod
on 02/25/12 11:51 AM (PST)

I have read a recent complaint about the s60 having a noisy cabin fan and weak AC. I am wondering if anyone has any comment here?

By zugisland
on 10/06/11 13:16 PM (PDT)

xtype i am driving on the worst roads in the country here in the detroit area..and i can tell you i am not concerned about that..the cabin noise is very low in fact it is the only car or suv ove ever had where I can open the sunroof all the way and with the built in wind deflectior and aerodynamics virtually no wind nor wind noise infiltrates the cabin...i love it...I dont think you would be disappointed..will be getting pirelli winter tires soon...wihch may increase the noise a bit but its a very nice sedan noise wise and handling ..

By xtype_2002
on 09/28/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

Some of the auto reviews claim the Volvo S60 is slightly noisy on the hwy (tire noise). I like the S60 R, but concerned about noise levels. It is hard to tell on quick hwy test drives. Any comments would be appreciated.