Poor interior quality
By emlodzienski on
2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought this car new in 2012 and really like the car overall. I got leather seats but the seat part has a semi-circle vinyl patch and vinyl on the side bolsters. After about 2 1/2 years the front seats are showing signs of waer and the front passenger seat with the vinyl section developed a tear. I brought the car back and they fixed it for $75. It looked good until someone sat in the seat and now it started to crack in other spots. The car has 16,000 mile on it. Now the dealer wants to replace the cracked vinyl for $850 but will take off the $75 initialled paid. It looks terrible. I have no choice but to fix it.
Favorite Features
I realy like the performance from the turbo on regular gas. Handling is very good. It's fun to use the sports shifter. I like it on the floor.
Suggested Improvements
Use quality interior materials. Use all leather seating surfaces like you say in the ad and not add cheap vinyl pieces to the seats. How about a real spare? What if you get a blowout on a Sunday night and the inflation kit doesn't work. My battery went dead and they replaced it with a cheapo non-Volvo battery that is smaler than the original. My front rotors are warping and there is excessive front end vibration when stopping. Use better quality rotors.