2012 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Not your Uncle Olaf's Volvo 24

2012 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

T5 Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Not your Uncle Olaf's Volvo 240D
By silverfox13 on

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am truly blown away by this car. I owned a 1980 Volvo 240GT years ago and loved it. I sold Volvos and BMWs in Canada for 4 years and loved both brands. I have had my T6 R-Design for only 5 months and was a little concerned I might miss my Infiniti G37 Sport with manual transmission. The S60 is so much fun to drive, I haven't thought much about the G37. I liked what I saw and read when the S60 was redesigned and got seriously interested in the new R-Design. One test drive and I was sold. Only mistake I made was letting my wife use it for a short road trip. A week later we had traded in her Ford Edge on a stunning white/taupe interior Volvo C70 convertible.

Stunningly beautiful inside and out. The power, handling and comfort are unbelievable. Fantastic sound system and the navigation system is terrific once you get on to using the scroll knob on the steering wheel. I live in Western NY and even though we had a mild winter, it handled amazing in the snow with the Blizzak snow tires I put on. Summer tires are back on now and it's fun time again. The Volvo has always had the most comfortable seats of any car I have owned or driven. Tremendous value in the hotly contested luxury sport sedan market. The R-Design is pretty rare so having a fairly unique car that you don't see all the time is pretty cool.

Love my music when I'm traveling back to Canada to visit family so a hard drive would be nice, although I am getting by quite nicely using my MP3 player that works through the S60's awesome sound system. A manual transmission with the AWD would be great, as long as it's a smooth, short-shifting one. Performance summer tires instead of performance all-season tires would enhance the handling even more. Obviously winter tires would then be necessary for driving in areas with snow.