2012 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
My driving live has a new mistress
By patrick61 on 12/20/11 08:04 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I own now my S60 D3..soon it makes me forget my previous BMW3 ! The S60 is a dream of a car. Everything a car-fan can dream. Much much much better than my very unenjoyable BMW3 320d (2008). I do not understand the fuzz about BMW and certainly not the addiction of the automobile reviewers with it. Now with my Volvo D3, I can again getting adddicted to driving after three years I told myself I was grown up and car driving was only for the necessary long distance movements and not for fun. I was so far that i though about giving up my car and travel only by public transport...such idiot ideas gave that BMW me. Now finally I experience that I am not old !

Great car
By dcm36 on 11/29/11 21:32 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a long time Volvo owner and this is the best one so far. Great performance in base form with surprisingly good gas mileage. We have 4 children and the backseat is spacious and easily accommodates three across in carseats. Very handsome but understated styling. Sporty but classic Volvo at the same time. Feels like it will hold up well over time and we are hoping it does!

Volvo S60 T6 R-Design is a wolf in sheep's clothing
By saholz on 11/24/11 08:06 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2012 R-Design is the sport version of the already outstanding S60 T6 all wheel drive sedan. The price jumps over $4,000; but the car includes the $1500 Premium Package, a $1500 Polestar engine tune and turbo boost, a suspension upgrade, plus some exclusive interior and exterior trim enhancements. The car is a blast to drive. Power is strong and very linear from the 325 bhp turbocharged inline 6. The stiffer suspension is still fairly complaint over rough roads, but the tires are loud when hitting pavement breaks.

Best all around for sport and comfort
By ronbham on 10/31/11 05:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving a BMW 530 anything would be a step down but my T5 is great! Not punishing on our crumbling roads as my BMW 3 series loaners were via low profile tires. Yet it's not like steering a boat as with most Volvo's. Front torque steer is almost nil. Comfort is great and interior seems more spacious than BMW 3's or Lexus IS. Both of which will bleed you dry with tire prices! Interior looks high quality. A little more road noise than I expected but not intrusive. Base stereo speakers are disappointing. Cursor on wheel is too easy to accidentally change stations when turning. Center console easy to scratch. My T5 S60 base model DOES have auto-on/off headlights! Great price, style.

Just bought it, love it
By rshenoy on 10/01/11 19:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought a 2011 S60 T6. Got a great deal because there are trying to move the 2011's out. Was trying to keep it in the mid 30's. Was debating between a T5 or T6. Glad I went with a T6 because it's all wheel drive and has 300hp instead of 250hp and front wheel drive. Great warranty: 5yr/60k

Pulled into a Volvo dealer on a whim ..then bought
By zugisland on 09/28/11 05:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my S60 after looking and driving many other vehicles.!st the others. Lexus ct200 hybrid interior cabin too small at 6ft my head was hitting cieling also there is much concern about this cars performance in the winter . Audi A5 , this would have been the primary competetion to the S60 purchase and although the A5 might be a tad handsomer and its feature set is also maybe a bit more sophistivcated I guarantee if you drive both the Volvo blows it away as far as driving dynamics. A5 211 hp 4 banger cannot come clsoe to the power and smoothness of the s60 Also the steering on the A5 was very loose compared to the volvo not to say I got my 2011 with a hefty 3grand rebate free maintence and 1.9% all vs full msrp 3.9% and no main on the audi and it was a no brainer. oh yes also drive the Bmw 328i aawd but had to spend a fortune to get the paackage with HID zenon lights . Was shocked at the numbner of cars BMW sells with 20 yr old halogens ...come on people why would anyone spend 40 plus grand on a car with those candles for lights.. I will not buy a car without this important safety feature and the S60 with its adaptive headlights are a winner. Wow almost forgot i did twest the new Saab 95 with a 10 grand rebate for obviouso reason and alhough i liked the sabb the best of all I was concerned aobut saabs viablitiy as a company and the potential hit to resell i may have taken and thus ended up in a S60...the only negative is i would have liked to see a better tpm which shows the inflated value of each tire rather then one which just lights when any tire gets low but you dont know which one...and there is no holder for a cell phone anywhere...missed that on the test drive..love the cool auto headrest down function for the rear to give me better visability when no one is in the back ......

Absolutely Brilliant
By dr_q on 08/16/11 18:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Volvo has really done well with the new S60. It's just a wonderful car, balancing everything from performance to safety and everything in-between. I have the T5 version and it is quiet, very responsive, and gets good gas mileage on regular gas (mine got 32MPG highway on a recent trip). Driving it is a dream. On the outside its a great looking car, but not overstated, the interior is comfortable and elegant. Materials and fit and finish are excellent. When you look at when you get for the price, and then add in the 5yr/50000 mile warranty, which includes wear and tear items and regularly scheduled maintenance, it's just fantastic.

Amazing step up for Volvo
By volodoscope on 08/13/11 22:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just love the direction Volvo is taking. For years the cars were little bit more expensive than competition and the designs were not general enough. The S60 design turns heads. I can always spot it on the highway. Volvo has really stepped out their comfort zone with s60. I love how fresh and futuristic S60 looks but it still feels safe, comfortable and durable. The most amazing thing is how smooth the ride is. I can barely hear the engine. Every little interior details makes sense, there are no random buttons that complicate the interaction. It was always my dream to have a Volvo and I am so happy it's S60. And I'm 26. Good job Volvo!

Fantastic Volvo S60 T6
By atlas4 on 08/05/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased the Volvo 2012 S60 T6 after owning a 2011 BMW 328i for 13 months (bought in June 2010). I can say the Volvo beats the BMW in every area. The S60 is a very fun car to drive, the interior is very comfortable well layed out and easy to use. The safety features are first rate. We test drove both the T5 and T6 but like the T6 much better, it just has a better feel on the road and the T6 is much more smoother than the T5. This is a great car for the value, with many items that come standard vs. others like BMW and Audi. Engine uses regular and the 5 year/50,000 mile maintenance care is excellent. I highly recommend this car.

This is a Volvo?
By abmwfan on 07/10/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The dealer gave me an S60 as a loaner car and I liked it so much that I bought one 3 days later. I'm a long-time BMW owner and would never have thought I'd like an S60, but I was immediately impressed by the combination of comfort, performance, build quality, and classy interior. This is a front-wheel biased vehicle and it will never quite have the handling edge of a RWD car like a 335i, but Volvo found an excellent balance between comfort and performance. The S60 is a more comfortable highway ride with enough power and handling to keep it interesting to drive. I like that this car is HIGHLY configurable to individual driving style and the different settings actually work.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volvo S60 in VA is:

$126 per month*