2012 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Home Run!
By tvdon on 07/08/12 09:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a long time Saab and Audi owner, and thought I wanted a supercharged A6. Until I drove the S60. While it doesn't deliver the same power, it combines performance, safety, and comfort in an almost perfect combination. And it's priced right. Been driving it since March, and I love it. Could handle a little better at the limits, but dynamic suspension and/or AWD might address that for those that are concerned. This car is as comfortable and powerful as my Aero, with loads of tech, and personality. Black on black. I am very satisfied so far, and enjoy every drive. More interior room that 3 series or A4. Getting 25.5 combined (with a lead foot) and 30 on pure highway trips. Hard to beat. Nice!

Not up to luxury standards
By emlod on 06/28/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car after looking at and test driving several entry level luxury cars. I liked the S60 and thought it was a good value. I decided on one car but it was sold when I went back so I ended up with a more expensive car but I got a good deal so I bought it. The cars handling is OK but I'd prefer more rode feel but it was acceptable. Acceleration was good. However, I did notice some fit and finish problems in the interior after a few days of driving. I went back to the dealer to point these out and they took pictures and sent them to Volvo. I bought the car in Feb. 2012 and it is June and the problems have not been resolved. I should have bought the Mercedes C Class.

A "best buy" in it's class!
By cars4fun on 06/22/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove a lot of cars. I mean a LOT of cars. My husband thought I was crazy, as this became a weekly thing for me to go out and test drive something. After owning the first gen Lexus RX for 12 years, I felt like a kid in a candy store, with so many cool features to explore. Since I was planning to keep the ute for bad weather and hauling stuff, I finally narrowed down my search to sporty 4 door cars. Almost bought a Volt. Then I almost bought a new 3 series. And then I went all the way back to one of the very first cars I tested, in January 2011. I wound up with a gorgeous sapphire black S60-T5. it's fantastic!

Not naughty but very nice
By jimbonada on 04/02/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming out of a 2008 G35x, i did have second thoughts, but after only 140 miles, i'm giving it two thumbs up. I'm averaging approx 25 mi. per, quiet cabin, interior wreaks of luxury and the seats are the best...ever. Minuses...small trunk, handling is a bit numb and no voice command for bluetooth. If you're looking for an entry level luxury sedan that's great on gas and won't kill your budget, the T-5 is it!

Beautiful Vehicle
By piplanih on 02/29/12 10:56 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my first Volvo couple of weeks back. The exterior really wowed me initially when I saw this car at the Minneapolis Auto Show during the Fall of 2011. In my mind, the looks are only half a step behind the Audi A7 (which costs 2x the volvo) and better than BMW or MB. The interior is clean, solid and classy. Controls are well situated and I really like the standard connectivity. As advertised, the seats are really good and supportive! Last, the car drives very well. Very smooth power delivery. And quick too. Using the manual mode shifter, I was in 6th gear at 2500 rpm!

Never thought Volvo until I test drove this car
By waylone on 02/24/12 06:50 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a Acura TL and then a MB E350 sport Both nice but Gas millage was not great on either. I stopped at a dealer and really like the comfort style and GAS MILLAGE. Only have for 1000 miles so far, but the 250hp is good enough. I was used to 6 cylinder cars, but this has plenty of power. Got the car loaded for $36,500 plus it has 5 year/50K miles service on everything but tires. Also finance rates were 1.9 for 72 months. So far I am getting High 20's on combined city/Hwy. Much better than the Benz, Infotainment system is a little confusing but the sound is good and the nave is better than MB. Good value compared to Audi, MB and BMW go test one an you will love it.

Fabulous Car
By judithb on 02/23/12 13:49 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I really enjoy this car. Not sure of reliability because it is too new. I had an 850 for 18 years so I will assume that it will last a long time. Features are very convenient. Car is very stylish.

Better than hoped!
By cirrusdriver on 02/16/12 14:23 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up car 2 weeks ago.Already have had 1800 miles of road trips, pleasantly surprised with ride, quality of build. Took a day or two to get used to nav, phone, but easy to adjust to. Set cruise at 72 and got 32.5 mpg on a 400 mile jaunt. Nice car , great value.

2012 Volvo S60 T-5
By danf7 on 12/26/11 08:26 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

The sign and drive offer coupled with covered maintenance made this car an exceptional lease value. I was also looking at A4, Acura TSX and the Hyundai Genesis Coupe but the horsepower, torque and features of the S60 far outweighed the competition. The car is fast especially in Sport mode. The Blind Spot Information System and City Safety are nice features and lowered my insurance! Ride is fairly quiet and comfortable. Steering with the Touring Chassis could be tighter. (The Dynamic Chassis may have addressed this issued but I didn't want to spend extra money.) Volvo Sensus is excellent and integrates well with my ipod and phone. A great entry level luxury sports car for the money.

pretty close to perfect
By easternpadad on 12/20/11 17:19 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

driving it for a couple of months, but no snow yet. Great feel - - a blast to drive. There is a learning curve on some of the tech features, but not too bad. We feel great about the car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volvo S60 Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*