Used 2012 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

2012 Volvo s60 T5
By jiml94

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a Volvo owner for 40 years owning Volvos from 1972 to 2012. The 2012 S60 has been a refreshing change from "Your Uncle Olaf's Volvo". My 2012 has 22,000 miles and has been problem free to date. The OEM Continental tires have worn to unacceptable tread depth with (2) near sidewall flats and a cut sidewall near the rim edge. These low profile tires do not have a rim protection bead and my other driver has scraped the wheel rims near concrete curbs . I have recently changed out these tires for Michelin Pilot AS3 tires which has a nice rim protection bead. Car did not have a spare tire and I opted for a emergency spare which reduces trunk capacity a lot.

Good acceleration, little turbo lag, brakes good to excellent, fairly quiet interior. Acceptable fuel mileage (23-25 mph hwy/ suburban) Rear view camera helpful in reverse vision Excellent paint finish Well designed interior, front seats Car rides and handles well at freeway speeds

Put emergency spare back into car. Emergency inflation kit not adequate for road hazard failures. Navigation system difficult to use and loading updates takes way far too long.(4hrs) Memory seat/mirror system for (2) drivers key fobs does not always operate as described. Infotainment system not easy to use or set options. Use different tire Mfg with rim protective sidewalls Steering wheel accessory buttons confusing

Great car!
By jtski33

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought this car yesterday and drove it 700 miles to my home. It drives great! A lot of power yet still fuel efficient. I averaged >30 mpg on the highway during my first trip. The handling is tight and responsive. The front seats are incredibly comfortable and supportive. The lumbar support is great. Even after sitting in the car for >10 hours I had no back pain or fatigue. I got a great deal on a 2 year old lease turn in. I was between buying a BMW 3 series and Volvo S60. The BMW wons hands down for performance. I bought the Volvo because I loved the styling, it drove very well and was packed full of features for 10K less than the comparable BMW. Great value.

The electronic interface is very user friendly and intuitive. You can control everything from the steering wheel too! Love the bluetooth streaming audio, iPod interface, and easy controls.

None that I can think of yet! I'll let you know after I drive it more.

Love the car, hate the navigation system
By beignetva

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car for over a year. I love the way it handles, it's well built, it drives like a charm. Unfortunately, the navigation system is useless. More often than not, it gets me lost and wants me to get off the highway then get back on for no reason. I've started using my Iphone GPS as a backup as I can't trust this. Also, the way the update to the navigation system is done is antiquated. After asking for over 6 months, I finally received the CD update that took over 6 hours to load while the car was running. This is 2014. There has to be a better way. Unfortunately, as long as Volvo does not improve their navigation system like Audi has, I will not buy another Volvo.

Please improve the navigation system and the way it is updated.

Absolutely amazing!
By nelaco

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We love this car! We also have an XC90 from '05. Both cars have been extremely reliable. Just follow the regular maintenance intervals and you'll be fine. Fairly inexpensive to maintain if you do your own work. This car drives like a dream. The handling is amazing. Performance is great, and even better if you switch to Sport mode but no need really. Beautiful cabin.

The way it drives, exterior and interior design.

Can't really think of any. This car is amazing.

No more SAAB stories.
By thinkwendy

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was involved in an accident with my 2006 SAAB 9.3 2.0 turbo in April returning from Spring Break. I was very lucky... I was going 70 MPH and a box truck had pulled over for the night, but did not pull all the way off the driving lanes. I was the third car to hit debris in the right driving lane and unfortunately my car was totaled. I had very minor injuries and witnessed some major injuries of the two vehicles that crashed before me. I went searching for a new vehicle and my mind was made up that I was going to get an SUV or crossover, but my heart did no race like it did when I was in my SAAB. I was spoiled and wanted luxury. I tea drove everything and fell in love with the VolvoS60

My favorite features are the seats! You feel like you have hit the lottery! So sleek yet comfort supreme. I love the hands free blue tooth phone and the ease and comfort of the controls. I love the get up and go that the car has and the gas mileage is a huge plus. I have been getting anywhere from 26-27mpg. The handling is so smooth that I tend to have to watch my speed while driving. The car is beautiful on the inside and out. I feel luxurious driving it and get a lot of compliments from friends on how "cool" this car is. It also has the Swedish influence that I just loved from my SAAB, but I feel like I have leveled up on the luxury part. I never thought I could fall in love again!

The steering wheel has Crome that looks like it is starting to come away from the wheel. When I go into the dealership I am going to see if they can fix this. I also wish it had larger trunk space... But if I wanted that, I should have purchased an SUV. I do not like the oversized windshield wipers, but I have no other complaints.

• SUV