Used 2012 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Love the car, hate the navigation system
By beignetva

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car for over a year. I love the way it handles, it's well built, it drives like a charm. Unfortunately, the navigation system is useless. More often than not, it gets me lost and wants me to get off the highway then get back on for no reason. I've started using my Iphone GPS as a backup as I can't trust this. Also, the way the update to the navigation system is done is antiquated. After asking for over 6 months, I finally received the CD update that took over 6 hours to load while the car was running. This is 2014. There has to be a better way. Unfortunately, as long as Volvo does not improve their navigation system like Audi has, I will not buy another Volvo.

Please improve the navigation system and the way it is updated.

Absolutely amazing!
By nelaco

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We love this car! We also have an XC90 from '05. Both cars have been extremely reliable. Just follow the regular maintenance intervals and you'll be fine. Fairly inexpensive to maintain if you do your own work. This car drives like a dream. The handling is amazing. Performance is great, and even better if you switch to Sport mode but no need really. Beautiful cabin.

The way it drives, exterior and interior design.

Can't really think of any. This car is amazing.

No more SAAB stories.
By thinkwendy

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was involved in an accident with my 2006 SAAB 9.3 2.0 turbo in April returning from Spring Break. I was very lucky... I was going 70 MPH and a box truck had pulled over for the night, but did not pull all the way off the driving lanes. I was the third car to hit debris in the right driving lane and unfortunately my car was totaled. I had very minor injuries and witnessed some major injuries of the two vehicles that crashed before me. I went searching for a new vehicle and my mind was made up that I was going to get an SUV or crossover, but my heart did no race like it did when I was in my SAAB. I was spoiled and wanted luxury. I tea drove everything and fell in love with the VolvoS60

My favorite features are the seats! You feel like you have hit the lottery! So sleek yet comfort supreme. I love the hands free blue tooth phone and the ease and comfort of the controls. I love the get up and go that the car has and the gas mileage is a huge plus. I have been getting anywhere from 26-27mpg. The handling is so smooth that I tend to have to watch my speed while driving. The car is beautiful on the inside and out. I feel luxurious driving it and get a lot of compliments from friends on how "cool" this car is. It also has the Swedish influence that I just loved from my SAAB, but I feel like I have leveled up on the luxury part. I never thought I could fall in love again!

The steering wheel has Crome that looks like it is starting to come away from the wheel. When I go into the dealership I am going to see if they can fix this. I also wish it had larger trunk space... But if I wanted that, I should have purchased an SUV. I do not like the oversized windshield wipers, but I have no other complaints.

A little Disappointed
By paria

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a little disappointed in my 2012 Volvo S60 that I bought brand new last year. I've only had it for one year, but it was taken to the shop 4 different times. The Volvo symbol on the front came off, the silver part on the steering wheel cut me when it peeled off, the mp3 player connection within the arm rest had to be replaced, and I replaced the windshield wipers(after owning the car 2 weeks) due to invisibility from rain. I thought something was wrong with the windshield, but after Volvo dealership mechanics assured me it wasn't the window, I realized it was the windshield wipers. I wasn't expecting to return to the shop (using my gas) For a luxury vehicle at this price.

The car is fun to drive, low outside noise, and rides smooth.

I suggest putting in a color navigation system instead of the gray and white version. I had a better quality system in my Nissan.

Got it over the Audi A4
By mklay

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the past 15 years, I've owned Audi's. Yea, I know, the BMW 3 series is best, but for me I liked Audi. Prior to getting my "wonderful" 2013 S60 T5, Audi gave me a new 2013 A4 2.0 T (w) premium package to use for three days, while my A3 was being fixed. Needing a new car & my recent experience with the A4, it gave me a good reference point/comparison to the S60. Anyway, for "me/myself & I", the Volvo S60 T5 was "much better" than the A4 for city and highway driving. Also, it handled very good (not as good as the Germans, but good enough) and provided better steering feel, a more solid feel/smoother ride, quieter cabin, better seats, and "just enough" power to have some fun.

Fantastic Value. Plenty of power for the real roads of life. Great seats, driving experience and quiet cabin. Also, the S60 is a bit more rare/unique here in So Cal, with almost every other car being either a BMW, Audi or Benz. Bottom line "regardless of price" the S60 is one great car!!!

The S60 should come "standard" with a rear view camera, because of its rear blind spot, which I'm still getting used to