Used 2012 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Absolutely amazing!
By nelaco

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We love this car! We also have an XC90 from '05. Both cars have been extremely reliable. Just follow the regular maintenance intervals and you'll be fine. Fairly inexpensive to maintain if you do your own work. This car drives like a dream. The handling is amazing. Performance is great, and even better if you switch to Sport mode but no need really. Beautiful cabin.

Favorite Features

The way it drives, exterior and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of any. This car is amazing.

No more SAAB stories.
By thinkwendy

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was involved in an accident with my 2006 SAAB 9.3 2.0 turbo in April returning from Spring Break. I was very lucky... I was going 70 MPH and a box truck had pulled over for the night, but did not pull all the way off the driving lanes. I was the third car to hit debris in the right driving lane and unfortunately my car was totaled. I had very minor injuries and witnessed some major injuries of the two vehicles that crashed before me. I went searching for a new vehicle and my mind was made up that I was going to get an SUV or crossover, but my heart did no race like it did when I was in my SAAB. I was spoiled and wanted luxury. I tea drove everything and fell in love with the VolvoS60

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the seats! You feel like you have hit the lottery! So sleek yet comfort supreme. I love the hands free blue tooth phone and the ease and comfort of the controls. I love the get up and go that the car has and the gas mileage is a huge plus. I have been getting anywhere from 26-27mpg. The handling is so smooth that I tend to have to watch my speed while driving. The car is beautiful on the inside and out. I feel luxurious driving it and get a lot of compliments from friends on how "cool" this car is. It also has the Swedish influence that I just loved from my SAAB, but I feel like I have leveled up on the luxury part. I never thought I could fall in love again!

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel has Crome that looks like it is starting to come away from the wheel. When I go into the dealership I am going to see if they can fix this. I also wish it had larger trunk space... But if I wanted that, I should have purchased an SUV. I do not like the oversized windshield wipers, but I have no other complaints.

A little Disappointed
By paria

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a little disappointed in my 2012 Volvo S60 that I bought brand new last year. I've only had it for one year, but it was taken to the shop 4 different times. The Volvo symbol on the front came off, the silver part on the steering wheel cut me when it peeled off, the mp3 player connection within the arm rest had to be replaced, and I replaced the windshield wipers(after owning the car 2 weeks) due to invisibility from rain. I thought something was wrong with the windshield, but after Volvo dealership mechanics assured me it wasn't the window, I realized it was the windshield wipers. I wasn't expecting to return to the shop (using my gas) For a luxury vehicle at this price.

Favorite Features

The car is fun to drive, low outside noise, and rides smooth.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest putting in a color navigation system instead of the gray and white version. I had a better quality system in my Nissan.

Got it over the Audi A4
By mklay

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the past 15 years, I've owned Audi's. Yea, I know, the BMW 3 series is best, but for me I liked Audi. Prior to getting my "wonderful" 2013 S60 T5, Audi gave me a new 2013 A4 2.0 T (w) premium package to use for three days, while my A3 was being fixed. Needing a new car & my recent experience with the A4, it gave me a good reference point/comparison to the S60. Anyway, for "me/myself & I", the Volvo S60 T5 was "much better" than the A4 for city and highway driving. Also, it handled very good (not as good as the Germans, but good enough) and provided better steering feel, a more solid feel/smoother ride, quieter cabin, better seats, and "just enough" power to have some fun.

Favorite Features

Fantastic Value. Plenty of power for the real roads of life. Great seats, driving experience and quiet cabin. Also, the S60 is a bit more rare/unique here in So Cal, with almost every other car being either a BMW, Audi or Benz. Bottom line "regardless of price" the S60 is one great car!!!

Suggested Improvements

The S60 should come "standard" with a rear view camera, because of its rear blind spot, which I'm still getting used to

Great Car!
By kj83

2012 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

OK, so the other reviews describe the car well. For those wondering how they hold up over time: my S60 T5 is nearly 2 years old (purchased May 2011), has about 24K miles on it, and has had no problems (OK, well, I did get the wiper blades replaced for free at my last routine service, and a firmware update before that). I bought this over a BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Infinity, etc, and that was a bit of a shocker as I only stopped into the Volvo dealer because it was on my way to another car dealer. Good thing, as I was won over after many test drives, and I do love the car.

Favorite Features

The engine! Nice wide torque band and very responsive. The comfy seats. The simple dash layout. Exterior looks. And of course the safety along with the great crash test results.

Suggested Improvements

The SW/FW driver interface on the LCD screen could use improvement.