Good enough for the money
By johnrush5 on
2011 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
When I first got into the car I loved how wonderful the seats felt on my bottom. I have sat in every luxury sport sedan out there and this one still feels better after months of use than my 2009 Audi A4. The engine acceleration power,sound and smoothness was almost enough to sill the deal, but I had to see how it handled. The car is not as low to the ground but the rear torque vectoring offsets it enough to satisfactory overcome the height and front end weight on this 6 cylinder Porsche sounding (yes I just said that) engine to corner sharply. The brakes are just perfect in my opinion. They are not the in your face "right now" kind of brakes but do an admirable job without feeling taxed.
Favorite Features
Engine sound, acceleration, seat comfort, styling, brakes, price, 5 year free maintenance coverage, 1.9% APR for 72 months, extra thick elephant leather like seats, nice size and smooth steering wheel, intuitive radio buttons on steering wheel. There enough room for a rear facing child seat behind the passenger seat and my 5' 8" wife to sit in front of him in comfort and my son to sit behind me while I drive.
Suggested Improvements
Longer armrest, visor doesn't cover the side window making sun get into my side view. Favorites for FM and satellite stations can't be put on same list to flip though (like when I get stuck under a bridge and the satellite goes out); by the way, the satellite goes out a little too often when traveling though the city. Side bolstering for the front seats could be a little more encompassing for such a car with a rear torque vectoring system. I had to replace the tires with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 extreme summer tires to offset the front end heaviness in cornering sharply enough for my tastes.