Used 2011 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan

T6 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Great Car Joy to Drive
By volvoowner2

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Been driving s60 2011 t6 for 2 months now. Great Car, really fun to drive Acceleration is awesome (thought about getting audi a5 but acceleration was weak, although great looking car). Able to blow past at almost any speed. the increase width and weight contributes to the feeling like you are hugging the road, very stable. Seat are super comfy/sporty - scandinavian thing. The onboard system pick up my iphone as soon as I get in the car - so my ipod play instanly over head. Stereo system is very high quality and sounds greatNice having rear seats drop down to give more space from the trunk. tereo system sounds amazing

Favorite Features

1. Performance and Stability 2. Stereo 3. Easy integration of your iphone 4. great seats 5. outside look - very muscular (surprising for volvo). Also unique - glad I did not get BMW/Audi Outside muscle look (I know Volvo? Muscle?)

Suggested Improvements

1. would be nice to have more leg room in the rear, there is plenty upfront 2. Mileage in DC is truly about 19.5, but performance makes it worthwhile

Six Months In, Still Pleased
By originalsix

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

No other mid size luxury sedan can compete with the value offered in the S60 T6. It's faster than 2003 BMW 530, it has AWD, bluetooth and ipod, has 5-year free maintenance. All for around $15k lower than the BMW,Audi,Lexus, etc. On the last day of March '11, the dealer gave me invoice price (and preinstalled Bliss and keyless entry at no cost). - Drives more like a Lexus/Infinity than a German car.

Favorite Features

- Speed! Even after owning the car for a while, I am still surprised by the quick acceleration of the car when I need it. - Electronics. Once you understand how it all works, the system is great! It can all be controller via the steering wheel thumbwheel. Call out via your phone's contacts, listen to Sat radio, HD radio, or ipod (iphone 4 in my case). - Seats are very comfortable. Especially good lumbar. - Smooth transmission. - Large trunk - Value and 5-year free maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

- Rear visibility is not very good when trying to back out of a parking spot. - pedal linkage. When switching from reverse to drive, you can feel a cable twang or tug on the pedal. It could be nothing, but it feels strange, and may be an issue long term. - External temp. It could just be an issue with mine, but it was never reliable if the car was not constantly moving. You can see it rise if sitting still. - Disable ipod audio over bluetooth. If you dont wait for phone to connect over bluetooth BEFORE you plugin the ipod connector, you won't hear any sound.. because you will have to switch over to bluetooth audio, not ipod. Quirky. - Change steering wheel material.

My Sexy S60
By ravidas

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first test drove the car here in Michigan, I did not want to stop driving it. It felt that good! It was a pure monster with poise, elegance and personality. Then I went to Gothenburg to pick the car up in late Oct 2010 as part of the Overseas Delivery Program. I was blown away by the entire deal: great Swedish hospitality and the truly satisfying factory delivery center experience. Due to timing, I could not drive it around Europe, but was more anxious to have it shipped back to the US! I received it in December, just before Christmas :) To summarise the S60: It is a pure engineering marvel, that blends sportiness and safety in one outstanding package!

Favorite Features

The simplistic styling of the interior is the best feature. Just a few buttons in the front, which means less to fiddle around with, means having both hands on the steering, that's safety! The controls are accessible via a thumb-roll located on the steering wheel! The S60 is a perfect mix of carefully thought ingredients that give a truly wonderful driving experience. It roars like a hungry beast, yet runs like a graceful antelope. It behaves how you want it to behave. The interior material quality is excellent, seats offer great support, rear leg room is way way better than Audi A4 & BMW 3 series. The exterior: perfect body, graceful lines, a truly beautiful and sexy car, unmatched!

Suggested Improvements

1) The bluetooth does not pair with all models of blackberry curve, which is weird. For some reason it is very selective. It should be all embracing so long as a phone has bluetooth capability. Looks like I have to buy a phone that specifically pairs with the car. 2) If there was a way to cut down the wind noise. Less noise is always better. 3) Ice can accumulate on the radar mounted on the front grille when driving in wintry conditions and blocks the radar function. Heated radar would be good so that you don't have to stop and figure out what was wrong, then clean the radar. 4) CD changer should be standard as it is really a safety feature. Not everyone has an i-pod or mp3.

Good enough for the money
By johnrush5

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got into the car I loved how wonderful the seats felt on my bottom. I have sat in every luxury sport sedan out there and this one still feels better after months of use than my 2009 Audi A4. The engine acceleration power,sound and smoothness was almost enough to sill the deal, but I had to see how it handled. The car is not as low to the ground but the rear torque vectoring offsets it enough to satisfactory overcome the height and front end weight on this 6 cylinder Porsche sounding (yes I just said that) engine to corner sharply. The brakes are just perfect in my opinion. They are not the in your face "right now" kind of brakes but do an admirable job without feeling taxed.

Favorite Features

Engine sound, acceleration, seat comfort, styling, brakes, price, 5 year free maintenance coverage, 1.9% APR for 72 months, extra thick elephant leather like seats, nice size and smooth steering wheel, intuitive radio buttons on steering wheel. There enough room for a rear facing child seat behind the passenger seat and my 5' 8" wife to sit in front of him in comfort and my son to sit behind me while I drive.

Suggested Improvements

Longer armrest, visor doesn't cover the side window making sun get into my side view. Favorites for FM and satellite stations can't be put on same list to flip though (like when I get stuck under a bridge and the satellite goes out); by the way, the satellite goes out a little too often when traveling though the city. Side bolstering for the front seats could be a little more encompassing for such a car with a rear torque vectoring system. I had to replace the tires with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 extreme summer tires to offset the front end heaviness in cornering sharply enough for my tastes.

Pulled into vovlo dealer on the way to buy an acura ona whim and was sold!
By zugisland

2011 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my S60 after looking and driving many other vehicles.!st the others. Lexus ct200 hybrid interior cabin too small at 6ft my head was hitting cieling also there is much concern about this cars performance in the winter . Audi A5 , this would have been the primary competetion to the S60 purchase and although the A5 might be a tad handsomer and its feature set is also maybe a bit more sophistivcated I guarantee if you drive both the Volvo blows it away as far as driving dynamics. A5 211 hp 4 banger cannot come clsoe to the power and smoothness of the s60 Also the steering on the A5 was very loose compared to the volvo not to say I got my 2011 with a hefty 3grand rebate free maintence and 1.9% all vs full msrp 3.9% and no main on the audi and it was a no brainer. oh yes also drive the Bmw 328i aawd but had to spend a fortune to get the paackage with HID zenon lights . Was shocked at the numbner of cars BMW sells with 20 yr old halogens ...come on people why would anyone spend 40 plus grand on a car with those candles for lights.. I will not buy a car without this important safety feature and the S60 with its adaptive headlights are a winner. Wow almost forgot i did twest the new Saab 95 with a 10 grand rebate for obviouso reason and alhough i liked the sabb the best of all I was concerned aobut saabs viablitiy as a company and the potential hit to resell i may have taken and thus ended up in a S60...the only negative is i would have liked to see a better tpm which shows the inflated value of each tire rather then one which just lights when any tire gets low but you dont know which one...and there is no holder for a cell phone anywhere...missed that on the test drive..love the cool auto headrest down function for the rear to give me better visability when no one is in the bac

Suggested Improvements

add fog lights to go with HIDs....and also have holder for cell phone ..along with better tpm and a gui that shows the use of the awd ...