Used 2009 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

An Expensive Ride
By gorj

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a Volvo owner since 1967. Being a mechanic, I have performed most of the non-warranty work on the Volvo myself. My experience has been that most Volvo dealers are way too expensive for both parts and labor. Sometimes they tend to find issues with your Volvo that never existed before you took it in. They also often do not repair what you asked them to repair. Recently I ordered a new key and remote for my 2009 Volvo, which was missing one of the two when I purchased it. The key and remote were about $300. The Volvo dealer wanted another $295 to program it. I am outraged that for just a key and a remote I will be out almost $600. This may be my last Volvo!!

I have always liked the safety of a Volvo. But as Volvo becomes so expensive to own, I am considering other autos that are just as safe today but cost much less to own. Volvo has always had a very comfortable seat with lots of adjustments. I like the programable power seat adjustments.

Volvo needs to be more fuel efficient. 23 to 28 MPG does not make it today. $600 for a key and remote is absurd. What were they thinking? The interior of a Toyota Camry at $20,000 has more room than a $40,000 S60! An entertainment system should include navigation, Bluetooth, USB, etc. with a auto of this class. The cruise control switch on the steering wheel is in a awkward position. The auto temp control looses its settings every time you turn off the car. Sometimes the radio switches from AUX to FM on it own. At the price it should include home link. Trunk height is too short. Should be easy to turn off headlights when driving - another major programing issue.

A great buy!
By Jeanie

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have always driven large suvs (suburban, escalade, Tahoe), but with my new position I needed something to be driving out of town frequently (prev drove Accord, Avalon cts for work travel). I looked at the c class Benz, BMW, Cadillac. But the safety ratings & Volvo service are irreplaceable. The fact that there are no luxury dealerships in my town means that whatever I bought had to have great service & road side assist. I love this car! I wish I could have waited for the new model, but got a terrific deal on this one. You cannot beat Volvo quality no matter how serene & sedate you feel the styling is. Once you drive one & ride in one you are hooked!

The communication center on the dash & wand, wind shield wipers!, the sun roof. Even when it is open it is very quiet unlike the roofs in other vehicles. Love the cup holder & cover when not using!

The radio is very low tech. My brother has the S40 & it has a waterfall center console like the S80 & I like it better.

My favorite so far
By Wes

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Finally being financially able to purchase my first brand new car, i looked at everything- I decided with the rebate that I wanted the new S60 because it was a great value for the money. I traded in my IS300 and haven't looked back since! Super comfy, and i will keep it till it hits at least 100k.

The seats are great in the front, super comfy, and with the SE interior, the bolsters hold you in place. The wheels are also really ncie looking on the SE.

Everything will be improved in the new model im assuming.

Entry luxuary at modest price
By Dan

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Smooth and solid ride. Very comfortable seat. With promotion in July, I got my Volvo at Camry/Accord price! AND, 5 year 60,000 free maintenance plus road assistant!! It was no brainer to go for Volvo. Also came with leather/sun roof as standard. The climate control system is excellent - I love rain sensing wipers.

Very comfortable front seats, rain sensing wiper, Plenty of power. One touch sun roof, Good mileage.

Interior design definitely needs improvement. Too monotonous - looks like cars of 90's.

Great bang for the buck
By Chris

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've looked at the S60's since they came out years ago...but always thought they were overpriced in the market they competed in. However, with the recent clearance reductions, maintenance and warranty incentives...I couldn't help myself...and couldn't be happier. Probably doesn't compete well with the BMW's, Lexus, and Infiniti in it's original price range...but against the Accord and Camry with similar features, I think it stands head and shoulders above. To me, has a much more high-end feel ride. Gas mileage for me runs about 24 in combined driving, or regular unleaded.

Front seats...I think they're the most comfortable I've sat it. I'd like to get a desk chair made from one. Interior is very quiet. Everything is very functional, easy to reach.

I can't believe they don't have bluetooth standard. Even the addition is a Motorola add on. Turn radius of small ship. Obviously due for a redesign...but for the price, I won't complain.