2009 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
An Expensive Ride
By gorj on 11/21/11 23:47 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a Volvo owner since 1967. Being a mechanic, I have performed most of the non-warranty work on the Volvo myself. My experience has been that most Volvo dealers are way too expensive for both parts and labor. Sometimes they tend to find issues with your Volvo that never existed before you took it in. They also often do not repair what you asked them to repair. Recently I ordered a new key and remote for my 2009 Volvo, which was missing one of the two when I purchased it. The key and remote were about $300. The Volvo dealer wanted another $295 to program it. I am outraged that for just a key and a remote I will be out almost $600. This may be my last Volvo!!

A great buy!
By Jeanie on 07/03/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have always driven large suvs (suburban, escalade, Tahoe), but with my new position I needed something to be driving out of town frequently (prev drove Accord, Avalon cts for work travel). I looked at the c class Benz, BMW, Cadillac. But the safety ratings & Volvo service are irreplaceable. The fact that there are no luxury dealerships in my town means that whatever I bought had to have great service & road side assist. I love this car! I wish I could have waited for the new model, but got a terrific deal on this one. You cannot beat Volvo quality no matter how serene & sedate you feel the styling is. Once you drive one & ride in one you are hooked!

My favorite so far
By Wes on 02/08/10 12:57 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Finally being financially able to purchase my first brand new car, i looked at everything- I decided with the rebate that I wanted the new S60 because it was a great value for the money. I traded in my IS300 and haven't looked back since! Super comfy, and i will keep it till it hits at least 100k.

Entry luxuary at modest price
By Dan on 10/10/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Smooth and solid ride. Very comfortable seat. With promotion in July, I got my Volvo at Camry/Accord price! AND, 5 year 60,000 free maintenance plus road assistant!! It was no brainer to go for Volvo. Also came with leather/sun roof as standard. The climate control system is excellent - I love rain sensing wipers.

Great bang for the buck
By Chris on 08/17/09 08:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've looked at the S60's since they came out years ago...but always thought they were overpriced in the market they competed in. However, with the recent clearance reductions, maintenance and warranty incentives...I couldn't help myself...and couldn't be happier. Probably doesn't compete well with the BMW's, Lexus, and Infiniti in it's original price range...but against the Accord and Camry with similar features, I think it stands head and shoulders above. To me, has a much more high-end feel ride. Gas mileage for me runs about 24 in combined driving, or regular unleaded.

My first Volvo. Love it!!!
By Jeremy on 08/07/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I really really like this car. My last car was a 2007 Camry. I test drove some BMW's and Benz's and liked this better. It is pretty quick and easy to drive. It can go pretty fast when you need it to. I have gotten so many compliments on it too. The engine sounds really good and you gett all the torque from 1500-4500 rpm's.

First, But Not Last Volvo
By happy on 08/06/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Extremely happy with the 2009 Volvo S60 AWD Special Edition. Great factory incentives (i.e. 5 year 60K warantee and free maintenance for a year, plus all the cash back) made this a no- brainer. Far cheaper than the BMW 328, the Mercedes C-300, etc, but with a far greater safety record, better MPG, better warranty, and FREE maintenance for 5 years! Louvering Volvo was a great dealership with no hassles or pressure, and provides free annual detailing for the life of the car. Plenty of acceleration and the 5 speed tranny keeps the RPMs low, saving gas. Would recommend both the car and the dealership to anyone in the market for a new or used car.

nice sports sedan and a deal on the 2009
By marcy,ny on 08/04/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This s60 is like a sports sedan, not luxary. The 2.5 turbo is great. The front seats like sitting in a cockpit. I owned a 2002 passat, 2006 passat, 2008 Nissan maxima. The max ride was better, but this car is easier to drive, more like the passats but better. I just $9000. Off on the s60. As they are clearing them out for a redesign. These cars are a bit overpriced normally I wouldnt look at this make but with this money off was a better deal than the new maxima. Classy little sedan.

IKEA on wheels
By PeterJax on 07/19/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first Volvo. It looks nice in an IKEA sort of way...some like it, others don't. Seats are very comfortable. Silver metallic paint finish is amazing. Body feels sturdy. Interior controls at first seem strange but you later realize that they are well thought out. Good fuel economy for a car that weighs this much, yet the turbo gives it kick when you need it. Good overall drive, nice mix of sport and luxury.

Solid Ride.
By Choc on 02/14/09 16:47 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second car from Sweden. I love the exterior styling, it's beautiful but not flashy. The car drives very good, you have the press the gas paddle a little more than other cars but I guess they made it that way for safety. Volvo did a good job on the interior fit and finish. Although the dash is a little last century on the look, but all the bottoms are well laid out and easy to use. Good mileage per gallon thanks to the turbo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo S60 Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*