2009 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
An Expensive Ride
By gorj on 11/21/11 23:47 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a Volvo owner since 1967. Being a mechanic, I have performed most of the non-warranty work on the Volvo myself. My experience has been that most Volvo dealers are way too expensive for both parts and labor. Sometimes they tend to find issues with your Volvo that never existed before you took it in. They also often do not repair what you asked them to repair. Recently I ordered a new key and remote for my 2009 Volvo, which was missing one of the two when I purchased it. The key and remote were about $300. The Volvo dealer wanted another $295 to program it. I am outraged that for just a key and a remote I will be out almost $600. This may be my last Volvo!!

Great bang for the buck
By Chris on 08/17/09 08:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've looked at the S60's since they came out years ago...but always thought they were overpriced in the market they competed in. However, with the recent clearance reductions, maintenance and warranty incentives...I couldn't help myself...and couldn't be happier. Probably doesn't compete well with the BMW's, Lexus, and Infiniti in it's original price range...but against the Accord and Camry with similar features, I think it stands head and shoulders above. To me, has a much more high-end feel ride. Gas mileage for me runs about 24 in combined driving, or regular unleaded.

My first Volvo. Love it!!!
By Jeremy on 08/07/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I really really like this car. My last car was a 2007 Camry. I test drove some BMW's and Benz's and liked this better. It is pretty quick and easy to drive. It can go pretty fast when you need it to. I have gotten so many compliments on it too. The engine sounds really good and you gett all the torque from 1500-4500 rpm's.

IKEA on wheels
By PeterJax on 07/19/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first Volvo. It looks nice in an IKEA sort of way...some like it, others don't. Seats are very comfortable. Silver metallic paint finish is amazing. Body feels sturdy. Interior controls at first seem strange but you later realize that they are well thought out. Good fuel economy for a car that weighs this much, yet the turbo gives it kick when you need it. Good overall drive, nice mix of sport and luxury.

Solid Ride.
By Choc on 02/14/09 16:47 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second car from Sweden. I love the exterior styling, it's beautiful but not flashy. The car drives very good, you have the press the gas paddle a little more than other cars but I guess they made it that way for safety. Volvo did a good job on the interior fit and finish. Although the dash is a little last century on the look, but all the bottoms are well laid out and easy to use. Good mileage per gallon thanks to the turbo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo S60 in VA is:

$138 per month*