Used 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Double trouble
By 2xvolvoowner

2008 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We own both the XC90 and S60and have been frustrated with both vehicles. Both have seen more than their fair share of the service department and the lack of concern from Volvo has been discouraging. In two years of the S60, we have had to replace the ignition switches twice. The emergency cable never really engaged properly so it had to be adjusted as well as the sunroof at a cost. A faulty ABS contact reeel and front axle shaft had to be replaced due to recalls. The headlight washer fell off and had to be replaced twice. As if we didnít feel nickeled and dimed already, we now have to replace the Fire Trap Housing not covered on the warranty. We are very disappointed.

Nice to look at

Better engineering of parts and more concern from the people who run Volvo. We have written several letters to Volvo Management and have received poor responses. Shame on them to lose a double Volvo costumer due to lack of a better response. We will never buy another Volvo.

First Volvo
By aikiman

2008 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Volvo, had an Acura and Maxima before this. I've had this car for approx 18 mos, bought it used with 9500 miles and love it. It is built very tight and feels heavier than it is. The turbo gives it a lot of power when merging or trying to pass. Highway driving is excellent, it definitely loves to cruise. The back seat is tight, I have an 8 year old and 10 year old and I have to move the passenger seat and my seat forward for them. Quality so far is fine,front headlight washers needed new motors and the computer has had to be updated once because the immobilizer would occasionally get triggered preventing it from starting. Problem fixed but it still does it sometimes.

Turbo is excellent, lots of pep. Seats are comfortable, driving experience is fantastic.

More storage nooks for things like glasses, roomier back seats.

My first Volvo
By Central Florida

2008 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my Volvo 10 months and love it! I traded in my SUV in order to save on gas. I have not had any problems and I get better gas mileage than I thought I would --- about 35 Hwy as long as I drive 69mph. Very very happy overall!

Seats are wonderful and very comfortable. I love the head rests.

More storage - for sun glasses, etc... and a larger deeper trunk. More leg room in back would be nice too.

Relability Stinks
By lordway

2008 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I liked this car a lot when I first bought it. Now I regret my purchase. It's too small for a normal sized person and forget about fitting anyone in the back seat. It's too small for even a child. The trunk space is not practical. It's not a true sport sedan and the gas mileage is poor considering its size and that it has only 5 cylinders. Furthermore, the relability is suspect. It has been to the dealership 4 times in 4 months for two intermitent problems (antilock brakes and the radio). No resolution for the second problem yet. The dealer has not been able to fix the problem without keeping the car for a week at a time. Bottom line: Don't make my mistake, buy Japanese.

The seats are very comfortable. However, the placement of the emergency brake handle causes it to rub against the driver's right leg. After a while it actually hurts.

Enlarge the cabin space. Its too small. It is also underpowered so lose the turbocharged 5 cylinder and use a normal 6 cylinder. Move the emergency brake handle.

1st Impression
By Stravage

2008 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In the past 2 years I have gone from a jeep grand Cherokee to a Nissan Sentra to my Volvo S60. Wife and myself sat in the S40 just looked at each other and knew that we didnít want another small car, took the s60 out for a test drive and we were hooked. It was love at first sight. Within 3 hours we drove the machine home. This is not a car, itís a driving machine. Of course that coming out of a Nissan that dragged you down the road while the S60 gives you a ride on the road. It was late and the s60 tank was on empty, stopped for gas 3.65 a gal it took $44 to fill the tank. Now I remember why I bought the Nissan. Driving it home we were all smiles.

I like the seats. I love the leg and head room

Rear view stinks. Should have a view camera. Compartment in the dash, no place to store my sun glasses