Used 2007 Volvo S60 R R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (10 reviews )

My Favorite Vehicle!
By Lee Clarke

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Vehicles are my hobby and I've owned over 60 new ones, from basics (AMC Gremlin) to exotics (Lotus Esprit, MB E55 AMG, Saleens). I traded my 2006 BMW M3 convertible, 6 speed manual, for a 2007 Volvo S60 R, automatic. The S60 R is my favorite vehicle ever!

Favorite Features

Looks, quality, sound system, ride, handling and exclusivity.

Suggested Improvements

2007 is the last year for the S60 R. Therefore, why should I try to think of things I don't like? I love it just the way it is.

Excellent all-around street car
By Ric

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The best value in an all-around performance street car. Superb brakes. Car feels noticeably lighter than it is when driven hard in the mountains or on the track. More fun to drive with DTSC on because of active yaw control. Ignore most of the negative comments of some other reviewers. The R *has* vented brake rotors, the gas cap is on the side of the car away from traffic so it's not "wrong," there *is* a 6 CD changer option, turn the radio off for "mute" (duh), the key fob opens the trunk if you press the trunk button *twice* like it says in the manual (bad design, but it's right there in the book), and if you unlock the doors the trunk opens with the touch of a button.

Favorite Features

Active yaw control, Brembo brakes, distinct sleek styling inside and out, advanced AWD system, and of course the excellent engine. The car feels like a luxurious rally car, especially when driven hard. It lacks the brute force of my M3, but it's nearly as fun albeit in a completely different way.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better factory tires; the Pirelli Pzero Rossso are at the low end of mediocre. Turning radius is terrible.

no reason to panic
By S60R

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my R for about 6 months and couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous after reading some of the edmunds reviews, but can honestly say I have been thrilled thusfar. I got mine with the sport package. I, like many was looking at the IS350 and the GS. This is a hoot to drive, not as throaty and braggadosia as the Infinit, and feels bigger inside (at least the front seat) than the lex.

Favorite Features

Very quick. I love to drive it on winding country roads. Comfy seats.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I didn't know when I bought it (rear leg room, average sound, turning radius).

New S60 R
By JCSTOCKMAN

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My new S60 R is a pleasant surprise from a company known more for safety than performance. With 300+ hp this car really moves and with AWD I have the confidence to push it farther than I might otherwise. I originally was looking for a mid/large sedan like the Charger R/T, Impala SS, Maxima, and Mazdaspeed6. After driving all these vehicles it was clear the Volvo was in a different class and was exactly what I was looking for.

Favorite Features

Turbo, all wheel drive, electronically adjustable suspension, supportive seats.

Suggested Improvements

Vented brake rotors, more back seat room.

3 years, 45000 miles
By Revolvolution

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this car in 2005, the first year the R was available. After much research it came down to the Audi A4, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C Class and the Volvo S60R. After a test drive in each the Volvo was the clear winner. Faster pickup, more solid build quality. The BMW and MBenz felt like toys compared to this. The Audi was nice but had now where near the OOMPH! AWD was a must for us living in the Northeast. We have driven it over 45,000 miles now in the city and highway with no major mechanical issues. This is the 2nd one we owned (yes, I was the first person in the United States to total an "R"). Major rollover accident. WE ALL WALKED AWAY WITHOUT A SCRATCH! Volvo saved my life.

Favorite Features

300 hp, heated front seats, variable transmission. I also like the fact that true car aficionados KNOW this car. They see the "R" on the front grille or back trunk and give it the room it deserves. I LOVE the fact that other people don't know about the R... until you speed away from them at a light!

Suggested Improvements

Better turn radius would be nice, especially in city driving. AVOID the low profile tires if you live in the city. Volvo has a nice stereo, but they should contract with Boston or Bose and get a REALLY nice audio setup. More color choices & exclusive colors to set it apart from the other S60 trims.