2007 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
My Favorite Vehicle!
By Lee Clarke on 11/22/07 15:51 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Vehicles are my hobby and I've owned over 60 new ones, from basics (AMC Gremlin) to exotics (Lotus Esprit, MB E55 AMG, Saleens). I traded my 2006 BMW M3 convertible, 6 speed manual, for a 2007 Volvo S60 R, automatic. The S60 R is my favorite vehicle ever!

Excellent all-around street car
By Ric on 09/24/07 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The best value in an all-around performance street car. Superb brakes. Car feels noticeably lighter than it is when driven hard in the mountains or on the track. More fun to drive with DTSC on because of active yaw control. Ignore most of the negative comments of some other reviewers. The R *has* vented brake rotors, the gas cap is on the side of the car away from traffic so it's not "wrong," there *is* a 6 CD changer option, turn the radio off for "mute" (duh), the key fob opens the trunk if you press the trunk button *twice* like it says in the manual (bad design, but it's right there in the book), and if you unlock the doors the trunk opens with the touch of a button.

no reason to panic
By S60R on 09/01/07 03:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my R for about 6 months and couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous after reading some of the edmunds reviews, but can honestly say I have been thrilled thusfar. I got mine with the sport package. I, like many was looking at the IS350 and the GS. This is a hoot to drive, not as throaty and braggadosia as the Infinit, and feels bigger inside (at least the front seat) than the lex.

New S60 R
By JCSTOCKMAN on 03/30/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My new S60 R is a pleasant surprise from a company known more for safety than performance. With 300+ hp this car really moves and with AWD I have the confidence to push it farther than I might otherwise. I originally was looking for a mid/large sedan like the Charger R/T, Impala SS, Maxima, and Mazdaspeed6. After driving all these vehicles it was clear the Volvo was in a different class and was exactly what I was looking for.

3 years, 45000 miles
By Revolvolution on 03/29/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this car in 2005, the first year the R was available. After much research it came down to the Audi A4, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C Class and the Volvo S60R. After a test drive in each the Volvo was the clear winner. Faster pickup, more solid build quality. The BMW and MBenz felt like toys compared to this. The Audi was nice but had now where near the OOMPH! AWD was a must for us living in the Northeast. We have driven it over 45,000 miles now in the city and highway with no major mechanical issues. This is the 2nd one we owned (yes, I was the first person in the United States to total an "R"). Major rollover accident. WE ALL WALKED AWAY WITHOUT A SCRATCH! Volvo saved my life.

I'm spoiled for ordinary cars
By Zach on 03/13/07 21:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is lightning fast, stable, and comfortable on long drives. The best of both worlds in terms of a sports car with coupe lines that you can live with and bring along friends. Great stereo, phenomenal seats - this car fits me better than anything else I have ever driven.

Do Not Purchase This Car
By Tom on 02/17/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am shocked that this vehicle is allowed to be sold after so many service related issues. My transmission has gone out, the shocks have gone out, the wheel bearings have gone out, the engine needs oil every 800 miles. I have driven a loaner more than this car. Volvo is very unresponsive probably because they are owned by FORD.

R-Fegnugen (if only that were Swedish)
By Converted on 12/05/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Exceptional. Fun car but not an ostentatious sports car. Compared to Infiniti G35, Audi S4, and BMW 330. Surprising power. Tight handling with the advantage of variable All-Wheel Drive. No problems with the R in mountain snow. Get this w/ a manual transmission for maximum fun. Great finishing touches on interior, gauges and electronics. Hwy fuel economy better than 30 MPG. Overall, good value for performance.

Great R
By Relmid on 10/28/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Wonderful driving experience. Compared it against the Acura TL, BMW 3 series, hands down the Volvo is the car to own.

Priceless
By juniorCBR on 10/23/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing car! Incredibly quick, amazing exterior and interior looks, amazing sound system, gages are beautiful, powerful brakes, sharp rims, soft and easy clutch, AWD system definitely keeps the car grounded. An huge bargain for its price compared to its counterparts. Definitely go overseas delivery if you have the chance, nothing beats zipping by BMW's on the autobahn.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.