Used 2007 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

150k miles and counting!!
By Christian

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2007 Volvo S60 R used at 85k miles. It now has over 150k miles on it! In this time I have not had one problem with the car. It's given a scheduled oil change every 5k miles, and had its 120k mile regular maintenance. I do take very good care of my car, however, I enjoy having fun in it as well. With the DTSC system combined with AWD, the back country roads couldn't be more fun. This was my first car, and have had it since I was 16, so I'm sure you can guess the limits I've pushed this car to... None the less, it has held up better than I could've imagined. I recently took the car for a full 130 point inspection and it passed every single one. My mechanic doesn't doubt if I'll see 300k miles with this car. With all the good, I will have to complain about the turn radius, as it's about the same as truck. All in all it's a great car, I look forward to the life of this car and the other Volvos' I will be purchasing.

My Favorite Vehicle!
By Lee Clarke

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Vehicles are my hobby and I've owned over 60 new ones, from basics (AMC Gremlin) to exotics (Lotus Esprit, MB E55 AMG, Saleens). I traded my 2006 BMW M3 convertible, 6 speed manual, for a 2007 Volvo S60 R, automatic. The S60 R is my favorite vehicle ever!

Looks, quality, sound system, ride, handling and exclusivity.

2007 is the last year for the S60 R. Therefore, why should I try to think of things I don't like? I love it just the way it is.

Excellent all-around street car
By Ric

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The best value in an all-around performance street car. Superb brakes. Car feels noticeably lighter than it is when driven hard in the mountains or on the track. More fun to drive with DTSC on because of active yaw control. Ignore most of the negative comments of some other reviewers. The R *has* vented brake rotors, the gas cap is on the side of the car away from traffic so it's not "wrong," there *is* a 6 CD changer option, turn the radio off for "mute" (duh), the key fob opens the trunk if you press the trunk button *twice* like it says in the manual (bad design, but it's right there in the book), and if you unlock the doors the trunk opens with the touch of a button.

Active yaw control, Brembo brakes, distinct sleek styling inside and out, advanced AWD system, and of course the excellent engine. The car feels like a luxurious rally car, especially when driven hard. It lacks the brute force of my M3, but it's nearly as fun albeit in a completely different way.

Needs better factory tires; the Pirelli Pzero Rossso are at the low end of mediocre. Turning radius is terrible.

no reason to panic
By S60R

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my R for about 6 months and couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous after reading some of the edmunds reviews, but can honestly say I have been thrilled thusfar. I got mine with the sport package. I, like many was looking at the IS350 and the GS. This is a hoot to drive, not as throaty and braggadosia as the Infinit, and feels bigger inside (at least the front seat) than the lex.

Very quick. I love to drive it on winding country roads. Comfy seats.

Nothing I didn't know when I bought it (rear leg room, average sound, turning radius).

New S60 R
By JCSTOCKMAN

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My new S60 R is a pleasant surprise from a company known more for safety than performance. With 300+ hp this car really moves and with AWD I have the confidence to push it farther than I might otherwise. I originally was looking for a mid/large sedan like the Charger R/T, Impala SS, Maxima, and Mazdaspeed6. After driving all these vehicles it was clear the Volvo was in a different class and was exactly what I was looking for.

Turbo, all wheel drive, electronically adjustable suspension, supportive seats.

Vented brake rotors, more back seat room.