2007 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
What a piece of crap
By bclass on 08/13/12 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought it used at 53,000mi radiator crapped after 3 weeks. Power locks and power seats are dying. Failed inspection due to axel rod. Check engine light came on at 58,000. Than the coolant level dropped to zero and had to shut car off to prevent engine damage. Now trying to trade it on anything Japanese.

Pleased So Far
By ExMB on 07/29/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased this auto after turning in a leased Mercedes C300. I loved that car so stepping down is going to be a bummer. However, I am pleased thus far about the Volvo. Good ride, though not sporty at all, and quality seats help it. I like the safety record and the reliability prospects for the car.

Last Volvo Ever
By Dennis on 07/01/10 14:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The gas filler cap leaked on the car since the first full tank of gas.Service simply stated that they could not duplicate the problem so that is where we stand. Seat belt locks, so it is sometimes impossible to lean forward to see oncoming traffic. The overall quality and value leave a lot to be desired. I wish I would have kept my Infiniti, it would have been seven years old now but it was a much better car.

Shocked
By jetwet1 on 06/28/10 04:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The first car we test drove was a '07 S60, we both liked the car a lot but we had other cars to test drive. After test driving every 4 door salon on the market we came back to the Volvo, it was everything we wanted. Great performance, very comfortable, good fuel economy and of course being a Volvo very safe. After a month of ownership, well the negative is of course the back seat, if you are traveling with friends make sure the don't have legs, on the other hand if your like us and don't have to worry about people in the back seat then this is a car to look at. On the highway it is a fantastic cruiser, ranking right up there with my 500E. In short, test drive it, you may well be shocked.

Very solid entry level sedan
By cwkim on 05/17/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle as preowned and after reviewing other consumer reports and reviews, and I am very pleased with it so far. I agree with what other people have noted and it seems pretty accurate far as performance and drivability goes for most drivers like me ( everyday commute for BASIC entry level luxury sedan). It has very nice standard features as noted in specs and does seem utilitarian overall and not as sophisticated as a BMW or Lexus but it seems more functional and solid. I would highly recommend it for someone with kids or someone looking for value in a sedan with good standard features and known for safety.

Fantastic used bargain!!
By happy 1st time owner on 04/29/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Came across the S60 in Consumer Reports' "best used cars"; they rate the 07 S60 reliability higher than Infiniti G35(!). Found well-equipped one w/low miles for great price. Very pleased so far: it has sport package & ride can get a bit choppy over lateral ridges at times, but for the most part is pretty good, similar to 3-Series etc., very nice on hwy. Expecting ride improvement when OEM junk Pirellis replaced. Great solid build quality, nice amenities, front seats *very* comfortable; rear are as well but a bit cramped for tall folks, look @ S80 if you need more room. Excellent radio & climate control. Engine could be smoother, but has good torque. Averaging 27 mpg on commute.

Company S60 II
By Tom on 04/26/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My company provided me this S60. If it were my money, I would not buy one. It is a fine highway car with wonderful straight-line acceleration and a comfortable driver's seat. The S60 is not good on curves and in corners -- its weight and vague steering adversely influence the handling and do not inspire confidence. After 29,350 miles, the only problems I have had are a loose passenger side door seal, fixed during an oil change service, and a rattle that I cannot locate by the passenger door frame. Passenger seat is awkwardly oriented and uncomfortable on long trips seems to place passenger at an angle within the car.

Great Car, Very Comfortable
By Mase on 12/22/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The seats in this car are extremely comfortable. The layout of the dash is very user friendly and ergonomic. The heated seats were excellent. The sound system (HU650) sounds superb. Few parts are flimsy. Rattles too much. Could be a smoother ride. Very quite. Too much curb weight when taking corners. Very fast car. Slow at first, but once at about 35 mph, this car accelerates very smoothly. The turbo is amazing. Makes passing cars on the highway a pleasure. Extremely comfortably ride at 70+ mph. Excellent car, could handle just a bit better.

Been driving this car for 17 months
By Drives-A-Lot on 12/02/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving my S60 AWD since July of 2007. I drive from northern New England to New York City and back every other week. This car has held up well. My fuel economy seems fine (I don't pay very close attention). The comfort of the seats has remained solid, the electronics still work fine, in short, everything is still in working order. It has handled very well in snow/sleet conditions, though I recommend engaging the W option when doing so. The trunk storage is pretty good, the rear seats, while comfortable, don't have a boatload of legroom for adults. When I got this I was considering the BMW 3 Series, the S60 and the Saab 9-3. I am still very happy I decided to get the S60.

So far, still good.
By Ybba on 03/22/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's been a year and I'm even more impressed and pleased with my purchase. Went on a couple of road trips from MA to VA on I95, through major cities like Stanford, NYC, DC, Richmond. 31MPG - Impressive. The comfort of the driving position is wonderful. I am reminded of the line from a competitor "... when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" In this case a resounding yes! Climate, seating, interior quality, reliability - all excellent. Engine purrs at night. Had two service visits and the only thing changed were indicator bulbs. 1 year and 16000 miles later I am happy with my choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.