Used 2007 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

What a piece of crap
By bclass

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought it used at 53,000mi radiator crapped after 3 weeks. Power locks and power seats are dying. Failed inspection due to axel rod. Check engine light came on at 58,000. Than the coolant level dropped to zero and had to shut car off to prevent engine damage. Now trying to trade it on anything Japanese.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, exterior look, front seats

Suggested Improvements

Radiator, power items, awful creeky center console.

Pleased So Far
By ExMB

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased this auto after turning in a leased Mercedes C300. I loved that car so stepping down is going to be a bummer. However, I am pleased thus far about the Volvo. Good ride, though not sporty at all, and quality seats help it. I like the safety record and the reliability prospects for the car.

Favorite Features

Front seat comfort, displays, trunk size, turbo boost, stereo power and multi-disk CD player

Suggested Improvements

One rattle that is annoying and I can't seem to find, rear seat leg room, tighter suspension

Last Volvo Ever
By Dennis

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The gas filler cap leaked on the car since the first full tank of gas.Service simply stated that they could not duplicate the problem so that is where we stand. Seat belt locks, so it is sometimes impossible to lean forward to see oncoming traffic. The overall quality and value leave a lot to be desired. I wish I would have kept my Infiniti, it would have been seven years old now but it was a much better car.

Shocked
By jetwet1

2007 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The first car we test drove was a '07 S60, we both liked the car a lot but we had other cars to test drive. After test driving every 4 door salon on the market we came back to the Volvo, it was everything we wanted. Great performance, very comfortable, good fuel economy and of course being a Volvo very safe. After a month of ownership, well the negative is of course the back seat, if you are traveling with friends make sure the don't have legs, on the other hand if your like us and don't have to worry about people in the back seat then this is a car to look at. On the highway it is a fantastic cruiser, ranking right up there with my 500E. In short, test drive it, you may well be shocked.

Favorite Features

One touch windows, sunroof. Great fuel economy for a semi performance car. We are averaging 26 mpg city/highway and well over 30 mpg on a recent road trip and I don't drive slowly. Maybe the best front seats of any mid priced salon.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger back seat, but that is really an S80.

Very solid entry level sedan
By cwkim

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle as preowned and after reviewing other consumer reports and reviews, and I am very pleased with it so far. I agree with what other people have noted and it seems pretty accurate far as performance and drivability goes for most drivers like me ( everyday commute for BASIC entry level luxury sedan). It has very nice standard features as noted in specs and does seem utilitarian overall and not as sophisticated as a BMW or Lexus but it seems more functional and solid. I would highly recommend it for someone with kids or someone looking for value in a sedan with good standard features and known for safety.

Favorite Features

clear utilitarian design with good quality interior. comfortable front seats (not so good in the back). good basic stereo speakers. handles okay. the turbo does lag slightly but it's adequate for passing or quick acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

no rear leg room. could use a smoother ride (better suspension?) mpg around 22-23 in normal driving.